• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Gotta check out my new Angora bunny!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
:omg: so fluffy and adorable!!

Tamara

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tamara R Money
WOW! I've never seen anything like it! It is so pretty!

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
Oscar is stunning, such a sweet little fluffball :heart:

Chewy

Real Name
Erin
I am so glad that you took it in!!! He's beautiful and looks like he's really good with your kid. But why did it have to be re-homed instead of being a pet for them? I don't understand it. I used to show horses (4-h) and I would never give them up because they didn't make it in the show ring. I'm not saying you are bad for taking it in. I'm just trying to understand where THEY are coming from. That seems unfair.LIke I said I Am very glad that you took him in.

Terri

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Terri
Not all animal people are like us and breeders do not keep most animals as pets. They show professionally keep their winners and breed the highest quality. The ones that are not the show quality get sold as 4-h projects or pets. I saw their animals and they r all handled daily and loved and taken back if they hear one of their own stock is in a bad situation. I respect them for breeding only the best as it keeps the breed qualities in tact. Also these bunnies are used for their wool. If they are not show worthy they are still valuable to people that spin their own thread. As these rabbits molt their fur is spun into thread for clothing.

Again - I am not an advocate of breeders but they are a local family and they really "screened" me before they let me take him. Angoras become rescue cases easily because of the high maintenance their coats require. In the last month alone they have taken in over 10 rescues that needed completely shaved. Correct me of I am wrong but many breeders don't do rescue work. This family truly cares for these bunnies and welcomed me over any time to educate myself more on the best way to groom him.

Chewy

Real Name
Erin
Ok I understand better thank you.

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
Not all animal people are like us and breeders do not keep most animals as pets. They show professionally keep their winners and breed the highest quality. The ones that are not the show quality get sold as 4-h projects or pets. I saw their animals and they r all handled daily and loved and taken back if they hear one of their own stock is in a bad situation. I respect them for breeding only the best as it keeps the breed qualities in tact. Also these bunnies are used for their wool. If they are not show worthy they are still valuable to people that spin their own thread. As these rabbits molt their fur is spun into thread for clothing.

Again - I am not an advocate of breeders but they are a local family and they really "screened" me before they let me take him. Angoras become rescue cases easily because of the high maintenance their coats require. In the last month alone they have taken in over 10 rescues that needed completely shaved. Correct me of I am wrong but many breeders don't do rescue work. This family truly cares for these bunnies and welcomed me over any time to educate myself more on the best way to groom him.
that is so good to hear, they are not the average breeder :)

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
He's a beautiful bunny!:swoon:

GreenParrot

What a cute lil guy he is! :hug8: :D
I've never seen one of this kind in real! :o:

Jess

Real Name
Jess
Wow, he is gorgeous!

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Didn't look real in the first pic...hubby was asking what it was! lol
He is the most adorable thing I have seen in quite a while!

Jadie

Real Name
Jade
Awe!! He's so cute:heart: I love angoras! I'm glad you took him in instead of someone who doesn't know about the care angoras require.

Sharon

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Sharon
There are a couple of Angoras at the Small Animal Shelter here...many people research nothing and buy based on the "cuteness" level. Good for you for giving him a good home...:)

BTW, his "cuteness" level is very very high!:D

Terri

Real Name
Terri
Not only is he cute but he loves to cuddle and is awesome for the kids. But the hair after grooming...its everywhere :) I was not a bunny person but am quickly turning into one.

Status
Not open for further replies.