• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Got the net set up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TikiBird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jessica
Here are the pictures of his playstand with the net on it, I decided to take off one boing because it was looking too cluttered.

It has made the biggest change in how he uses his playstand. Before the net and boing he would not leave the top perch but now he runs all over the place, and usually sits on the boing instead of the toy hanging area!:rofl:

Here is the back view
backview.jpg
And the front
frontview.jpg

And here are some pics of his new cage setup
I got some new toys including the foraging bucket and the foraging box, and the little fuzzy thing near the box too.
Now everyday at least twice a day I have to put all of his toys back in his bucket:lol:

DSCF1802.JPG
DSCF1801.JPG

He has alot more toys but I only put in a few at a time so I don't overcrowd him.
I rotate them at least once a week if not more, he seems to like it, but is this too much?

Patrick

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Patrick
I think everything looks great.

Personally, I like alot of toys in cages so they have plenty of things to do while I'm gone but if rotating them out works for you stick with it. Great job!

TikiBird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jessica
Well right now I am only gone for 2-5 hours a day and when I'm not gone he's out of the cage doing something or other. I make sure his bucket is filled up before I leave so he can empty it out which takes him a while.

I just don't know how to incorporate more toys without overcrowding!
It seems like things just get pooped on when I add more LOL

Any ideas of where to put perches or toys in the cage?

Patrick

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Patrick
Wow, you're home alot more than me. Lucky birds! lol. I think the routine you have is working though so no need to change.

I hang toys from toys. That way there is more to do but doesnt take up anymore horizontal space. Does that make sense?

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Everything looks great!! The net idea is wonderful and yippee he's using it to get all around the stand!!! :dance4:

TikiBird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jessica
I haven't thought of that good idea I will see what toys I can get to hang from others.

It's just like, the best spot to hang toys is from the top but I don't want to put too many perches near the top of the cage because anything under it would get pooped on

Angelicarboreals

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
That is so cute! :) I like how you hung it.

Status
Not open for further replies.