• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Got Pumpkin another Ott-Lite Lamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

linus69

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Paul
We got our Pumpkin another Ott-Lite lamp because we are so happy with the other three we already have. As with the others this was an Ebay purchase and this one is a floor lamp.
She seems to thrive under these lights and even suns herself in front of them. I even find them cheery to be near on a gloomy day, there is definitely something about these lights Dr Ott developed I like a lot.
They are pricey though, which is why I hunt for them on auction sites like Ebay.

Paul

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
Those are good lamps. Pumpkin is adorable and I love you play gym!

Jadie

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jade
Is this with an OTT grow light(full spectrum, originally for plants)? These are great and I'm pretty sure you can find the bulb( a sprial one) at home depot in the US and Canadian Tire here ...I needed one for a rescue squirrel lol, they are about $10 and fit into regular lamps. They don't say full spectrum on the box but they are (I've also e-mailed the company). Here's what I'm talking about http://images.whiteflowerfarm.com/50349a.jpg

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
I agree I like the light myself in the winter or on gloomy days. Your set up looks great! Glad Pumpkin is enjoying her light!

linus69

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Paul
Thankyou all for your kind comments. and yes Erika an ott lite search on ebay is how I found mine. I usually do a search for ott lite and also a search for ott lamp, they are made for people. Two I have are desk lamps, one is a table lamp and this last one is considered a floor lamp.
They give off a very natural light, it is like sitting by a sunny window, our little clown will often get on the closest perch to the light that she can and just sits facing the light like she is sunbathing.
I had heard about the ott lites on some parrot site a while back and it was good advise that I`m glad I took.

Paul

hawkygal

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Keep an eye out at your local office depots, these do go on clearance occasionally and you can get them cheaper than ebay that way some times. :D Just depends on if you need it right away. ;)

identicaltriplets

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Patter
I have used Ott Lites for years as I also use them for my crafting/design stuff. Great lights! I have many in my home. I recently bought 3 directly from their site Ott Lite. They had a HUGE clearance. I got 3 huge lamps that were over $600 for just over $100!!!! I also got free shipping. Watch their site. You can sometimes get better deals directly from the manufacturer. :)

lamagdalena

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
I have used Ott Lites for years as I also use them for my crafting/design stuff. Great lights! I have many in my home. I recently bought 3 directly from their site Ott Lite. They had a HUGE clearance. I got 3 huge lamps that were over $600 for just over $100!!!! I also got free shipping. Watch their site. You can sometimes get better deals directly from the manufacturer. :)
wow! next time you spot a sale let us know :highfive:

Status
Not open for further replies.