• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Got another lovie

TrueBlue

Strolling the yard
Picked up another one. From the same breeder. Different parents. Was told parents are a Blue White Face and a Green Opaline.

It'll be separated in quarantine for now. Hoping they'll bond. But it's not my plan to breed. Will DNA sex them in the near future.

20201122_113515.jpg 20201122_152949.jpg 20201122_154750.jpg

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Congratulations! :starshower:

Very cute little guy! I hope they get on well together in the future :fingerscrossed:

budgieluv3

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Bear (It's a nickname)
Congratulations!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
So cute!

BirdWorld

Rollerblading along the road
:awww: She looks so sweet! I just love her :swoon:

TrueBlue

Strolling the yard
Congratulations! :starshower:

Very cute little guy! I hope they get on well together in the future :fingerscrossed:
I'm hoping they bond but yes at the least they get along. But I've read other posts including yours that bonding just might not happen, so I'm preparing to keep them in separate cages permanently if needed. And it'll be some time before they even meet each other because of the quarantine.

TheBirds

Sprinting down the street
So cute, congratulations! Can they hear one another yet, and if so, what's the decibel level like at your house these days?!

Pris

Meeting neighbors
I'm hoping they bond but yes at the least they get along. But I've read other posts including yours that bonding just might not happen, so I'm preparing to keep them in separate cages permanently if needed. And it'll be some time before they even meet each other because of the quarantine.
I also got both of mine during quarantine and it took about 3 months for them to bond. Im not an expert but I would let them out together with supervision and one day they started feeding each other instead of bugging each other...now they are bonded

TrueBlue

Strolling the yard
So cute, congratulations! Can they hear one another yet, and if so, what's the decibel level like at your house these days?!
Baby is upstairs and my first is downstairs. Baby is starting to get louder now. My first chirped back a few times. I don't think the baby cares yet that there's another bird in the house :cool:. But there are a lot of wild birds right outside the house that they hear all day, so they both may be a little confused who they are hearing? :hmmm: My first does get really loud though calling out for me when I walk out of the room.

TrueBlue

Strolling the yard
I also got both of mine during quarantine and it took about 3 months for them to bond. Im not an expert but I would let them out together with supervision and one day they started feeding each other instead of bugging each other...now they are bonded
Cool! I'm going to take it really slow.