• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Got a bid in ....

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Well I just cant get over myself ... Im in love with Mustangs so I have gotten a chance to put a bid on a BLM Mustang from Oregon and he can be here in Alberta in 30 days ... he is a sorrel with a white blaze with a white sock on a hind leg and is 15.1 hands 8 yrs old and is a gelding ...I think he is lovely ..totally "green" ...which is good in some ways and bad in others but I have a great trainer where he will be staying ..if he is mine his name will be Lucian ..Lu for short or LuLu or LuLu Bell ...Im so excited :excited1::excited1::excited1:

Mustang sorrel.jpg

Jas

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jasmine
He sounds wonderful, congratulations!!! :fairy2:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hope you get him. What did you see in him that got you to choose him rather than one of the others?

Princessbella

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
He is very handsome! I hope you get him!

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Hope you get him. What did you see in him that got you to choose him rather than one of the others?
Well I like sorrels to begin with the coloring on him is just beautiful and the blaze on his face is lovely but if you go to his link Bureau of Land Management Wild Horse and Burro Internet Adoption and watch the short video and watch him move he looks like he will be a very nice mover plus he looks strong and well built ..plus he just caught my eye ...I dont know what it is about him he looks like he will be a very nice companion :bliss:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I was over there and was looking at the horses local to me and then went to look at the ones in OR because of your posting and the one you chose is very handsome and seems strong and feisty in the video. I really hope you get him.

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
I was over there and was looking at the horses local to me and then went to look at the ones in OR because of your posting and the one you chose is very handsome and seems strong and feisty in the video. I really hope you get him.
Really you got to see some up close ..lucky duck ..most of them have just been out of the wild for about a yr ...how is their enclosures I always think that they are not kept very well and feel so sorry for them ...I really do hope I get him ...Im very excited at the thought of training my own (with help ) but being the person to bond with something so wild and precious right off the bat would make me feel very special and blessed...I would assume its like bonding with your heart bird ...I know bonding with my show horse was a very special thing for me when I was younger there was no feeling like it ..I expect it will be something like that ....I know with riding the Mustang Im riding now they are very different minded horses ..very special ...there is always a lil wild left in them ... fingers crossed he is mine :swoon:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Ooopppss....didn't communicate that well. I was over on the BLM website and not the local horse facilities. The Sundance Ranch in Redlands, CA is supposed to be nice. Here's an article about the mustangs and the ranch (from 2015): Sundance Ranch in Redlands has wild mustangs for adoption – Redlands Daily Facts
They are up for adoption, though, not outright sale, but if the govt thinks all is well after a year of the adopter taking care of them then they transfer ownership.
They look well cared for. Here's one: Bureau of Land Management Wild Horse and Burro Internet Adoption
And here's the Ridgecrest facility: Programs: Wild Horse and Burro: Adoptions and Sales: Adoption Centers: Ridgecrest Regional Wild Horse and Burro Corrals | BUREAU OF LAND MANAGEMENT
It looks like a military base which is what it was at one time. Doesn't necessarily look horse friendly.

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Ooopppss....didn't communicate that well. I was over on the BLM website and not the local horse facilities. The Sundance Ranch in Redlands, CA is supposed to be nice. Here's an article about the mustangs and the ranch (from 2015): Sundance Ranch in Redlands has wild mustangs for adoption – Redlands Daily Facts
They are up for adoption, though, not outright sale, but if the govt thinks all is well after a year of the adopter taking care of them then they transfer ownership.
They look well cared for. Here's one: Bureau of Land Management Wild Horse and Burro Internet Adoption
And here's the Ridgecrest facility: Programs: Wild Horse and Burro: Adoptions and Sales: Adoption Centers: Ridgecrest Regional Wild Horse and Burro Corrals | BUREAU OF LAND MANAGEMENT
It looks like a military base which is what it was at one time. Doesn't necessarily look horse friendly.
Ohhhhh....thats to bad I would love to go to the facilities ..maybe...I might not depending on how they are looked after ....so far I am the top bidder and the bidding goes on to the 14th ...this is all so exciting :dance55:

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Well today is the day and .....I won the bid it was crazy the last 10 mins was insane refreshing every second to get my bid in but we did it and he is mine ...I am the proud owner of a Wild Mustang ...one less beautiful horse going to the meat market ..he should arrive at my friends house in about 30 days ...I cant wait ...Im super excited ..he is so beautiful ...they give a health check and vacc before he leaves the BLM facility .... WOOOHOOO!!!!!! :bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Well today is the day and .....I won the bid it was crazy the last 10 mins was insane refreshing every second to get my bid in but we did it and he is mine ...I am the proud owner of a Wild Mustang ...one less beautiful horse going to the meat market ..he should arrive at my friends house in about 30 days ...I cant wait ...Im super excited ..he is so beautiful ...they give a health check and vacc before he leaves the BLM facility .... WOOOHOOO!!!!!! :bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss:

Congratulations. I was hoping that you would get him and I am very excited for you!!! 30 days....I hope they go by quickly.

Did others keep trying to outbid you?

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Congratulations!!!
Mustangs are so gorgeous, and rescue is always the way to go :dance3:
I have a gelding now that my family bred, that I've owned for 15 years and he is my absolute joy. I also recently rescued another from slaughter just this past summer. How fortunate that your Lucian can be home in Alberta in just 30 days! Vic is quite sickly and needing some TLC, so he's been rehabbing in PA, closer to where the kill pen was, until he's strong enough and a clean bill of health to travel :)

Fingers, toes and talons all crossed for you over here!

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Just saw this!!! CONGRATS!!!
:congrats5:

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
He's handsome! Did you name him after Secretariat"s trainer? Thank you, actually, for saving him..:hug8:

Cazcooky

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Carol
I have an Australian Brumby (same colour).

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Congrats! That will be a long wait until he arrives! :)

Princessbella

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Congratulations.

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Congratulations! He's a handsome dude. I like the bone on him and he's got a nice face. I REALLY like that photo of him at a trot where he's got his near hind leg reaching under him - if he has that level of hind engagement without any training, I imagine he'll be a nice mover!