• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Goodbye :'(

TinyFeathers

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Recently because of moving I had to rehome 4 pets. I didn't want to, but we were moving from Africa to Canada, and we didn't want to loose them, we wanted them to be happier. I am so sad to have to give them away, so I've decided to make a thread and share a bit about each of them.

Mittens, the small black kitten. She showed up at our door one night, we saved her from the dogs, she was about 4 weeks old. She was hungry and crying for her mother, so we fed her and weened her onto dry cat food. I spent hours with her, and she would cuddle under my neck, and her favorite spot was sleeping with her head on my shoulder with her body curled around my neck. She showed up just after i had lost Rainbow, so i really needed a baby to love, and she showed up at my door. I thought I could keep her forever, but she gave me comfort when i needed it. I loved her, I don't think there is another kitten in the world like her, she was an angel.

Echo, the dog. He was such a good friend of mine. I loved baking him treats and teaching him tricks. He was so loyal, and very obedient. He would get so upset if he did something wrong (like take something out of the trash etc.) He was such a begger, like he wouldn't stop, but it was kind of funny. He was always there and he was such a sweet dog. He was a big baby. I miss him a lot.

Milky, the White cat. She was a baby that never grew up (literally). Till she was about 3 years old, she would "milk" this soft fluffly blanket, she really thought it was her mom. If you pretended to lick her, she would fall asleep. She loved cat grass. One time we brought some home to give it a try, so we grew it in our bathroom window, when it was ready she chowed down on it and ate it all! Then she would wait by the window all day and night for more, eventually she would even swim in our tub for it! That's why in the picture she is on the bathtub, cause she was waiting for more! I loved her so much.

Cocoa, the Brown cat. She was the leader of both the dog, and other cat. She slept where ever she wanted, if Milky was there, well Milky would have to move, cause anywhere she wants to go is hers. She had a treat problem, my dad would give her treats every morning when he woke up, so every morning at about 5am she would go to my dads door and cry like an alarm. Then when my dad wouldn't get up, she would keep waiting then, if my dad moved or anything the cat would hear it and start the alarm all over again, till my dad would give treats. Both cats loved to snuggle with you. I miss Cocoa she was awesome.

Attachments

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
:bighug:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Mittens is just the cutest little kitty.

You have some great photos and fond memories to hold on to. Did you manage to get the contact info for the new owners so you can keep in touch?

On a separate note, I hope you are having a nice time in France :hug8:

TinyFeathers

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Thank you :hug4:
Mittens is just the cutest little kitty.

You have some great photos and fond memories to hold on to. Did you manage to get the contact info for the new owners so you can keep in touch?

On a separate note, I hope you are having a nice time in France :hug8:
Yes, I did! Apparently they are doing really well! Mittens really was the cutest!

France has been great! It was a good and needed vacation! Thank you :)