• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Goodbye Peanut

SummerBerry

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ashlyn
I'm so sorry for your loss, she had an amazing life with you.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am sorry for your loss.

Sylvi_

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
I am so sorry, hun. :bluhug: Peanut was such a bundle of joy, I always enjoyed reading about her.
Her memory will always remain on AA and in all our hearts.
You gave her the best life. Try to always think of her with a smile.

NK_717

Avenue Veteran
Not Peanut!! I'm so sorry ):

Ankou

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Sondra
Thank you everyone. Forgive me that I'm not responding to anyone individually right now. I know I should, I just feel drained. The impact these little feathered ones have on our lives with their intense needs and emotions... I don't even remember what it was like not having a bird since I'd had Peanut since I was 13. I just feels tremendously wrong to do simple things like turn out the lights when I leave her room.

But your kind words really do help, and how many of you loved and cared about Peanut too. I mean it sincerely; thank you. And for everything I learned in the last 8 years on AA that had such a positive impact on her life! I stopped partially clipping her wings, added sprouts, red palm oil, and certain herbs to her diet, discovered many great vendors with bird-safe things that were very hard to find in Alaska, and found one of the most wonderful passionate avian communities for myself.
:hug8:

I took the time today to backup a lot of my favorite Peanut pictures to my new phone and laptop, so I don't loose everything if something happens to my PC.
These were the ones that made me smile, and a few memories.

Fluffypoptarts sent Peanut toys a while back... this one turned out to be her favorite but on their introduction she started yelling when it touched her foot.

She rarely wanted to go to bed in her cage and would do all kinds of nonsense to get out of it. One night she slept like this for around an hour if I remember correctly.

Ah, toy making day... and Peanut spend the entire time playing in a 5 cent plastic cup.

"Wait, where did all my toys go?"

A butt!

And the slow death of the last calendar I hung in my room and a not-at-all guilty bird who is very bad at hiding.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
I'm sorry, we all loved her and your great avatar of her :sadhug:

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
I'm deeply sorry for your having to let Peanut go. It's never the right time no matter how prepared we think we are. Its always too soon.
I know how painful this is and how your heart bleeds for the loss of your feathered companion , the two of you have been through many life journeys togeather.

My sincere condolences

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
I'm so sorry for you. Peanut was such a huge part of AA also.
We are all going to miss her.
It's so hard on us when they go. :(

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Those are gorgeous pictures. What a lovely and full life Peanut had. I am deeply saddened by your loss. 2/3 or your life! Birds really are special friends. They get to know us in ways we can never know ourselves. They share their lives with us, their secret little whispers and naughty moments. I hope through all of the heart break and pain you can continue to enjoy all these lovely photos. She will truly be missed. :sadhug2:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
I am so sorry.

lillie

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
lillie
I’m so sorry... she loved you, and you loved her back. You did the right thing for her.. now she can fly free, no hip injury to hold her back... :sadhug2:

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I am so terribly sorry to hear about precious little Peanut. She was such a wonderful little cheeky girl, and so many of us loved her and reading about her sweet little potato adventures with you.

(I’m so happy that she loved one of those toys so much - her initial reaction was hilarious. ❤)

It was very brave and loving of you to let her go. Even in that kind of situation, I know how incredibly hard and painful that choice is - and I have never had to make it for such a long-time companion. You were the best birdy mama to her. :sadhug:

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Oh no...little Peanut you will be missed. I am so sorry. :sadhug2: