• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Goodbye Kiwi, i love you

dessa.meeh

Sitting on the front steps
I lost my sweet baby, Kiwi, yesterday. She was only 22, so young for an Amazon. It was so sudden and I can't stop crying. I miss her so so much.

I'm never going to hear her whistle, laugh, or talk to me anymore. I'd do anything to have her back, just to have her sit on my knee one more time, to have to her come over and beg for some cheese, I'd even let her do her best to bite my finger off if it meant having her around to say goodbye.

She died at the vet's office, surrounded by strangers. She was alone, confused, and scared. I regret that so much, I regret not fighting to go in with her. I expected her to come back with me that night, I expected the vet to find out what was wrong and help her. Instead, I buried her.

They think she had a stroke. They said there was nothing I could do but God I wish I had done things differently. I wish I had given you a treat. I wish I had given you pets one last time, I wish I had done so much more for you. I'm sorry I didn't. And now I feel so so lost.

Kiwi, I love you. I know you're in a better place now, without pain or fear or confusion. I know Grandpa is giving you all the almonds you could eat. I love you so much baby girl. I hope you know that. I hope to see you in my dreams.

Shannan

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Shannan
I'm so sorry that you lost your sweet Kiwi. no matter what, Kiwi knew she was loved and I'm sure she had a wonderful life with you!

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I’m so very sorry for your loss of your sweet little friend.:sorrow:
:sadhug2:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I am so sorry for your loss.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Your poor heart! :sad4: I'm so sorry your darling Kiwi is gone. I understand the "once more"s. :( I felt that way when we lost our Pistachio after only a year and a half, but I can't begin to imagine that feeling compounded over 22 years. I hope you find some comfort here as I did. :sadhug2:

A.K

Sprinting down the street
Sorry for your loss. Kiwi sounds like a wonderful bird, who lived an amazing life with you. :sorrow:

Vmax

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Vanessa
:sadhug2::sad6: I’m so sorry to read about your loss of your lovely Kiwi. It can be such a gut punch to have them go so unexpectedly.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am sorry for your loss.

Nnbal

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Nnbal
I am so sorry for your loss :sorrow:

Ashveen25

Moving in
Im so sorry for your loss. Stay strong and always remember the memories you made.
Pls keep a prayer in mind for my budgie (struggling to breath)

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
I'm sorry you lost her but sounds like you were trying to do the right thing :sadhug:

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
I am sorry you lost Kiwi. Sending warm thoughts :sadhug:

Tilly123

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Chrissie
I am so sorry for your loss. I too lost my Amazon too early. He was 18 and he died due to an awful accident.
The 'what ifs' and 'should haves' still haunt me and I regret so many things, but over the years it has become a bit easier. I try to remember that he spent all of his life with me, and he was a very happy boy, which a lot of poor parrots don't experience in their lives. He used to say so many things and we loved each other very much.
I take comfort in knowing that he will stay in my heart for always, as your Kiwi will stay in your heart. I found that writing down everything I remember about about him helped, I have so many memories, as you do. I also had his picture painted. Please come on this forum when you are down. It really helped me when I lost my little man.
My thoughts are with you at this sad time.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I´m very sorry for your loss

Joyce

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Joyce
I'm sorry for you loss. It sounds like Kiwi had a wonderful life full of love with you.

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
1650365578807.jpeg

SunTruth

Sprinting down the street
I am sorry for your loss. I am sure she is in a good place now, and she had a wonderful life. Will pray for both of you.

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
So sorry for your loss :sorrow: