• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

goodbye babies

Gigibirds

Rollerblading along the road
Maybe the incorrect age estimate was for your original baby?

I'm so sorry for your losses :sadhug: , but I'm really glad that you will be getting a new baby! Getting a new something to love always helps with the hurt of losing your pet. Sending prayers that this new darling will be very healthy and happy with you!! :)

SeñorBirb

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Ella

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
:angel6:Hang in there. A baby is waiting for you...Sometimes we can only do so much & the rest is out of our hands. We have to trust that things will work out as they are destined too.

idontexist

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Anonymous
I
2 months ago (from yesterday) on december 16 2020 i lost my first and only cockatiel, ringo. He saved my life and i couldn’t have imagined my life without him. Even in the short time i had him, we became best friends. he had thyroid and eventually the goiter was too much, at the time i didn’t know birds could even get thyroid like humans. after 5 hours at the emergency vet, he died early the next morning waiting for someone to hold him so that he could peacefully pass.
View attachment 373614 View attachment 373615

a month and some later i decided that i was ready to get a new baby cockatiel. i was so excited to add another tiel to the family. over the weekend i get a call from the manager at the bird store. “so unfortunately your baby has passed, he had a seizure..” i was devastated. they offered to replace my baby and of course i said yes.. but it doesn’t change how i feel about the baby that i lost. (he was about 4 weeks old)
View attachment 373617

this is the baby that i am getting instead (super cute):
View attachment 373618
Hope new baby.will be a great succersor