• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

*Good Update Post #79*Biscuit seems to be having trouble breathing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
:dance4::dance4::dance4::hug8::hug8::hug8::dance4::dance4::dance4:

Naiera

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Alyssa
Oh my goodness. That had to be so scary for you both! I'm glad Biscuit is okay now :hug8:I bet he can't wait to come back home and get lots of lovings from you!

lzver

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Laura
I'm so happy for you and Biscuit! I was out to dinner with friends tonight and was thinking about you guys :hug8:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
I'm so relieved! :hug8: I am holding my breathe waiting to hear if she passed the egg.

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
I'm on my phone so I will be brief, but not the greatest news...but not horrible. Biz had bacteria in her poop, so she is on an antibiotic. Do I need to worry about Rocco? The egg did not pass, but moved closer to coming out. It is very soft and may get stuck. Ugh. So I have medicine to help the egg pass. So I have to give my nontame bird 3 medicines. Oh boyyyy!!!

I'm so scared about binding. She is supposed to go back in a wrek for more xrays to make sure it is not a tumor, but based on her egg binding past and bones, most likely an agg.

Last edited:

Kathie

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
So sorry, Kacy. Sending lots of positive vibes for a speedy recovery. Please keep us posted. :hug8:

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria :)
aw, poor girl! I'm so sorry you and Biscuit are going through this..I will be keeping her in my prayers and I hope she takes the medicine and passes any more eggies as stress free as possible.. ((hugs)) to both you and Biscuit.. :hug8:

Last edited:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
EDIT(didn't see your most recent post). I'm glad she is doing better to be off oxygen. I'll be praying that she passes the egg and stops laying these eggs! :hug8:

TextsFromParrots

Real Name
Kristen
Poor Biscuit. :hug8: Lots of hugs for you and her. I know this has to be frustrating and scary. I hope that you're able to medicate her without too much trouble and the egg passes smoothly.

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
I'm wondering if she picked up the bacteria last time she was hospitalized for egg binding in July....we know those places are germy! And she was tested back in July and her poop was fine.

She has lost quite a bit of weight, so I'm wondering if she's had this infection for some time. Poor girl.

Meatball

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
:hug8::hug8: Poor Biscuit and you must be so worried, sending hugs to you too:hug8:

chompie_puppy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
I'm on my phone so I will be brief, but not the greatest news...but not horrible. Biz had bacteria in her poop, so she is on an antibiotic. Do I need to worry about Rocco? The egg did not pass, but moved closer to coming out. It is very soft and may get stuck. Ugh. So I have medicine to help the egg pass. So I have to give my nontame bird 3 medicines. Oh boyyyy!!!

I'm so scared about binding. She is supposed to go back in a wrek for more xrays to make sure it is not a tumor, but based on her egg binding past and bones, most likely an agg.
Eggbinding issues makes a bird much more susceptible to bacterial infections. In Monster's case she developed a bacterial infection in her uterus and the vets picked it up by doing a fecal gram stain.

I was told that Monster can be with my other Budgies even with the bacterial infections because the chances of them picking it up is so tiny. The only reason Monster picked it up was because she had the whole eggbinding issue which lowered her immune system dramatically. The bacteria is in the environment already and the other Budgies' immune systems are capable of fighting it off.

I wouldn't worry about Rocco having the infection too. Unless he has a dramatically lowered immune system for some reason.

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
Eggbinding issues makes a bird much more susceptible to bacterial infections. In Monster's case she developed a bacterial infection in her uterus and the vets picked it up by doing a fecal gram stain.

I was told that Monster can be with my other Budgies even with the bacterial infections because the chances of them picking it up is so tiny. The only reason Monster picked it up was because she had the whole eggbinding issue which lowered her immune system dramatically. The bacteria is in the environment already and the other Budgies' immune systems are capable of fighting it off.

I wouldn't worry about Rocco having the infection too. Unless he has a dramatically lowered immune system for some reason.
Ok, thanks for the reassurance. I figured it probably wasn't contagious and Biscuit was susceptible to it for some reason, but I'm still worried..of course! Rocco is due for an exam anyways, so I'll take him in some time.

Leza

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Annaleza
Poor baby! Glad you caught it all early and hopefully she passes the eggie soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.