• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

*Good Update #39*Lola breathing strangely? Also scratching/sneezing alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
:dance4::dance4::dance4::hug8::hug8::hug8::dance4::dance4::dance4:

snackies

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Rebecca
Yes, all good news - sorry to make you guys worry! Lola was very well behaved and even got a new toy and foot toy. :)

65sunnyday

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
April, aka 'SUNNY'
Rebecca--My heart rate is just now slowing down (just now saw this thread.) Lola, don't scare Mommy & AA like that! Do you think that could've been birdy snorring? One time Nicky (my SC) fell asleep on my chest & made a funny noise every time he inhaled (just like a bird snore would sound like) It never happened again. What did the vet say as to the cause? I'm SO GLAD she's OK. What's a doona?

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
That's such good news! Hope all the tests come back fine as well. :)

snackies

Real Name
Rebecca
me too, I am hopeful she is 100%, the AV seemed very positive she was OK and thinks it might have have something to do with her over heating a bit or just an odd behavioral thing. she is still very happy and playful now and loving the toys she got her. here are some pics of her playing with them, they didn't last long. she has also begun chipping wood toys now which I am so excited about as I find it adorable! she chipped the stars on the foot toys to pieces in about 2 hours.

photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG

thank you everyone for your support and care for Lola's well being, I've never been a part of a forum like this where the community is so caring and close knit, it's really nice to be involved. :hug8:

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
Great news!!

lainyg

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Elaine
Thanks for the update Rebecca! I hate it when I try to post something from my phone and it doesn't work...like really!:eek: lol Anyway, really glad to hear that Lola was able to see a REAL vet and all is OK.:dance4: Looks like this sweetie is going to be with you for a lot of years!:heart:

Kathie

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kathie
This is wonderful news! :dance4:

Daisy's Mom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
I'm soo happy that Lola is ok.. :hug8:

snackies

Real Name
Rebecca
thanks guys. I'm so glad she is ok, too.:hug8:

oh and a doona is ummm... I don't know what they call it in america! just a big thick blanket you have on your bed, I think they call it a duvet overseas...?

Dani

Avenue Veteran
:dance5:Glad everything is OK! OH, a duvet.........why didn't you say so!! :lol:

65sunnyday

Real Name
April, aka 'SUNNY'
Here in the midwest, where Ohio is (even though this is the East, the only thing we're west of is Pennsylvania & New York) we call them 'comforters', esp if they're fluffy & filled w/feathers.

TextsFromParrots

Real Name
Kristen
Yup comforters here. :D I had to look up duvet the first time someone used it. I don't even know how its pronounced.

Status
Not open for further replies.