• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Good news for Cody!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebirdnerds

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jennifer
I think Cody is going to be adopted at the end of the month. A wonderful lady contacted me and she has a lot of patience. I spent over an hour on the phone telling her about him and how he is as well as behavior training and basically just letting him BE A BIRD. He has had a really rough life and I will not allow him to be pushed or forced to do anything he does not want to do. She will also be adopting a Cockatiel, Sassy. So she will come here to adopt Sassy and meet Cody, she lives about 45 min. from me. She will sign all of the contracts and stuff. Then I will take Cody to the vet and bring him to her with his cage. She will foster both of them for 90 days and I have required her to join AA so she can ask questions. I really feel good about this situation, she is home all the time and has a lot of love to give him and is ok if he is never able to be handled. :)

Looks like Cody is heading for his happy ending!!!!

For those of you who don't know, Cody is a rescued Severe Macaw that had a very rough life:
http://forums.avianavenue.com/macaw-motorway/11342-new-severe-macaw-rescue.html

Last edited:

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
that is great news thanks for sharing

Terri

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Terri
Awesome news! It's always nice to find a home so quick so they don't get attached to you and then re-homed. Nice to meet people that understand the circumstances that these guys come from and willing to work with them.
Yey for Cody!!!

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
That would be SOOOOO great!! It sounds like he has been through so much. I hope she falls in love with him!

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
That would be fantastic.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
I hope it works out well dear..

onthewingsofmacaws

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Patricia
Thats great it sounds like Cody may end up in a wonderful home with someone that will love him unconditionally. All birds need and should have homes Like that. Please keep us up to date on what happens. I for one will be praying for a happy ending for Cody:heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.