• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Good God!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emmilyy

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
So, this morning. I'm sick in bed, trying to sleep but am having trouble because i feel so crappy. All of a sudden - loud, piercing squawks and loud, frantic wing flapping. I jump up (and hit my head pretty hard on the ceiling, i might add) yank the covers off of me, stumble down the ladder (very nearly falling off the top) and run to Cookie's cage thinking she's dying, or at least caught it something. Notice Cookie is just playing on her perch/swing, flapping about happily. Sag into the cushiony comfy chair, sigh in relief, and fall asleep again.

Way to nearly give me a heart attack.

birdlover82

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
:hehe: She probably was laughing to herself. Glad you didn't injure yourself and hope you get feeling better soon.

Micki

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Micki
That's a conure for ya! Hope you are feeling better soon.

Emmilyy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
:hehe: She probably was laughing to herself. Glad you didn't injure yourself and hope you get feeling better soon.
:hehe:Hope you feel better.
That's a conure for ya! Hope you are feeling better soon.
thanks for the well wishes guys, i feel better already!

The little stinker gave me another heart attack, though. but it was my fault :(

I was clipping her nails - and usually she's prefectly behaved when i do this but the dog barked and scared her and she flipped around and got her foot caught. I thought she broke a toe, and i started crying and screaming "DAD! DAD! DAD!" while holding her steady and keeping her close to me. I think i gave my dad a heart attack, cause he came RUNNING. (he must have thought i was dying) and undid Cookie's foot while i held and soothed her. She's FINE, though. not even shaken up. I'm waaay shook up.

Emmilyy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
well - i've been watching her to see if she'll have a flap fit again, but its not happening, even though she's been playing on the swing :p

I just put a bath on the bottom of her cage so she could take a bath and not get all of her stuff soaked. she completely emtied that bowl, and then went up to her water bowl on the right side of the tank, bathed in that, went to her waterbowl to left, and bathed in THAT so now everything is wet, :p

Vega

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Joni
LOL Harvey has done this to me too. Screaming like he's trapped...only to find him happily playing with a toy. He usually welcomes my frantic burst in the door with a soft "Beep". lol

lsware

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Linda
Isn't it the truth! My Blue Crowned Conure, Ringo, will go to screaming at times and I think for sure something is hurting him! But no, he's just happily playing and carrying on as usual. My Senegal does the same thing and it about does give one a heart attack. The neighbors must think I'm killing all 7 of them at times!! LOL!!

Emmilyy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
hehe its crazy! I was super surprised because Cookie NEVER plays.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
hope you feel better soon..

Emmilyy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
hehe thanks Anne! but this thread is really old :)

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
I swear, they do it on purpose....

Emmilyy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
LOL! Yes, they get a kick out of it! hehee

Emmilyy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
Hehe luckily this hasn't happened too many times! She does give me panic attacks alot, though! You should have seen me the time i came back from vacation and couldn't find her ANYWHERES - the person watching them couldn't get her back into the cage, so she left it open (knowing i'd be home in a few hours - which isn't a big deal because Cookie's cage is left open for her often - the room was bird proofed) but i FREAKED out! I was bawling and crying and searching EVERYWHERE! I finally found her between my laundry basket and the wall, sleeping under a shirt. *rolls eyes*

Status
Not open for further replies.