• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Good for the SOUL....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystics Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya
My good friend says ..The outside of a horse is good for the inside of the soul...well my soul was hurrting real bad today,,so when i went to feed my horsey i thought what the heck...my hubby took some pics with my phone..(thats my boy SCOUT buckskin paint Quarter Horse:heart:)the rest are his friends that he lives with KING ELVIS and BABY

Attachments

K&J Birds

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
J.T.
Awww!! They are quite therapudic, when they need to be! I hope you feel better now!! LOL!

Yoshi

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jessie
I love Scout! Yes - horses are wonderful for the soul.

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Scout is gorgeous!!! I didn't know you had a horse. They are definitely good for the soul.
I hope you feel better soon. Hugs to you!

CarmieJo

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Carmie
Scout is very handsome. I love that saying, it is so true. I am in a therapeutic riding program and even though the therapy part is for my walking I always feel better after my lesson.

Your phone takes very good pictures.

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
He is gorgeous Tanya!

zoomama

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Ohhhhh, I love me a buckskin. Scout is gorgeous!! He looks like a real sweetie, too. I used to have a sorrell quarter horse, Buddy. I still miss him a lot. Wish you lived closer to me. I'd love to come over and brush him for you. That was one of my favorite ways to spend time with him, and great for when you just needed some time to think. I love the horse smell too! I hope your time with Scout was soothing to your hurting soul!!

magni

Hit the Road
Real Name
Denise
Tanya what a beautiful horse and you look so nice on him. Animals help our soul, I hope the ride did good for you:hug8::hug8::hug8::hug8::hug8:

Mystics Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya
actually it did ..something about brushing the horse getting them readyand the ride make you forget for a while I SURE MISS MY RICHIE Scout is a very kind gentle horse very easy enjoy yourself thanks he is a VERY handsome guy

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
fantastic pics, your friend is so right too

hope you are better

:hug8:

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Tanya he is absolutely BEAUTIFUL, what a gentle eye and gorgeous face he has. You can see his kind soul :) Yes, horses are very therapeutic and relaxing. I always feel better when I've been having a rough day and I go out to the barn and just bury my face into on of their necks and breathe deep.

Terri

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Terri
Ahhhhh yes....horses are not only good for the soul...I think they are part of mine. With this beautiful weather, I too have been able to enjoy time out in the barn and giving baths. Whenever I'm having a "moment" my husband tells me to go out to the barn for therapy :) There is just something about the partnership you build with them...
Trigger.JPG
Trigger

WenM

Real Name
Wendy
Tanya your Scout is so beautiful!!! You look like you are so happy in the saddle. There is nothing like a horse to free yourself from whatever is dragging your soul down - my favorite saying - JUST RIDE. Mine are still carrying some winter woolie hair - I can't even get out and brush mine yet as I can't move fast enough if someone gets fresh - and my they are fresh this time of year!! This is a last season picture - I envy you, I'd love to be in the saddle!

Attachments

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
It is good to be comforted and soothed especially when ones heart is aching. You are thought of often. Glad your animals and husband are there for you.

Peggy

Last edited:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
lovely!!!!:hug8:

Status