• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Good cockatiel breeders?

Sky

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
I have an older cockatiel (17 years old) and he doesn't have a friend anymore so I'd like to get a couple more cockatiels.

It's difficult to know who is actually a good breeder though - is anyone able to recommend any? That would be much appreciated as I want to make sure I'm supporting responsible breeders! :)

I'm in Jacksonville, Florida but would be open to shipping as well.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I would encourage you to think about adopting. There are so many cockatiels in need of good homes. And your tiel might appreciate a buddy closer to his own age too. Many rescues list on Petfinder.com.

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
I would encourage you to think about adopting. There are so many cockatiels in need of good homes. And your tiel might appreciate a buddy closer to his own age too. Many rescues list on Petfinder.com.
I tried this myself, apparently I’m just not in a bird adoption area :arghh: Unless it’s chickens. Lots of chickens for adoption within 100 miles.

Sky

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
I have considered adopting, I actually adopted my cockatiel along with his daughter when he was 3 years old. Good point about his age as well.

I've checked out Birds Now too, but the issue is, some of those breeders aren't recommended and some are, I just don't know which ones people have had good experiences with. I'll have to see if I can find some reviews online.

Appolosmom

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bev
I know what you mean, uunfortunately there seems to be alot of what I call bird mills. Breeding as a way to make quick money. Ery sad