• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Good By Candy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicklette

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Courtney
Good By Candy. Yesterday was really hard. I held her the whole time in my arms. They injected her and gave me a blanket to hold her in and she was sleepy. I held her tight and told her I loved her and would never forget her. They gave us our privacy and came in checking to see if she was still with us. Then after a while she was not with us anymore and she went peacefully. I cried so hard. It is so tough to put an animal to sleep. It would be easier if you were not there but I want my animals to be with me until the very end and I want to be the last one they see and know mommy is there. My mom went with me for support, it was very hard on her too. She has known Candy for 8 years. When I got home I just layed on my bed and watched my fish. My whole body felt like it was hit by a bus. But she is gone in peace now and I told her to say hello to my other baby chinchilla Peeps up there. But I know in my heart I did the right thing, that chin was all bone. It’s been a long time coming. I will miss her with all my heart, I loved that blob to peaces. Yes, she was a blob, lol. But that was Candy.

Last edited:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Ohhh Courtney, I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Attachments

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Love is everything and she knew how much you loved her. You are also very brave and compassionate and I am sorry for your loss.

Ginger

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am so sorry.

Matt

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
I am so very very sorry for your loss dear....she :hug8:knew how much you loved her for sure

Rebecca in Israel

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Rebecca
Courtney, I am so sorry for you loss. It will take time to heal your aching heart, but you will always have your memories of Candy.:hug8:

Chicklette

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Courtney
Thanks a lot guys. She knows you are all thinking of her. Thanks for all the compassion, I know you know what Im going threw. Some people just think it’s a rodent but that was my baby. They don’t understand that. It breaks my heart but in time the happy memories will come and it won’t hurt so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.