• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Good Bird cages?

FeatheredM

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
I'm looking for a good Quality Bird Cage between 100$ and 200$. My last Cage was built wrong, so the bar spacing is too Big for the budgies, any sugestions are welcome!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm looking for a good Quality Bird Cage between 100$ and 200$. My last Cage was built wrong, so the bar spacing is too Big for the budgies, any sugestions are welcome!
What size is the cage not suited to the budgies ? It may be suitable for your new conure you are getting.

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Marigold & Frosting have this cage. I quite like it. There’s a bigger version too (f050). This appears to be the f040.

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
What size is the cage not suited to the budgies ? It may be suitable for your new conure you are getting.
That is exactly the plan!( the bar width is .6) :D

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
Would 18*30*20 be okay for a conure, or is it too small? I'm thinking of dividing the cage i have in half, so i can put My budgies in one half, and the conure in the other. I kind of like the idea since birds like cages that are more horizontal that vertical. But if it's too small i don't mind buying another Cage of the same size

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So 18" high by 30" long and 20" deep ?

My concern would be a budgie getting attacked through the bars that are dividing it

JewellBird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Miranda
Would 18*30*20 be okay for a conure, or is it too small? I'm thinking of dividing the cage i have in half, so i can put My budgies in one half, and the conure in the other. I kind of like the idea since birds like cages that are more horizontal that vertical. But if it's too small i don't mind buying another Cage of the same size
Personally, I would just get another cage, more room would be better, in my experience with my conures they use every inch of space in their cages and are very active, so providing ample space has been best for mine. Also, I wouldn't want my budgies that close to my conures all the time, not only over the concern of them fighting through the bars, but also even though budgies aren't as dusty as a cockatiel etc. they still produce feather dust and dander, and I would not want my conures right next to them like that.

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
So 18" high by 30" long and 20" deep ?

My concern would be a budgie getting attacked through the bars that are dividing it
I want to divide it in a way where no birdie can get eachother, like Pixi glass, would my conure still be happy with this much space, he would of course be out for a long time each day, as for the dust problem, i can put the conure on the top( he would probably need it anyway, considering My room would be a new place, and My budgies would have an easier time adapting)

Momof3litt

Sprinting down the street
I have a top/bottom divided flight cage with my budgies in the top and conure in the bottom. The dimensions of each part are 36" wide, 21" deep, 36" tall. The budgies are quite happy in it, but honestly, it's on the small side for a conure. It works nicely for us because it means all the birds can sleep in one room, but since they spend 95% of their day out, it is mainly a sleeping cage, especially for the conure. He has cages/playstands/perches in almost every room, since he spends most of his day wherever I am. The budgies definitely go in and out of that cage more than he does. If I need to go out for a longer stretch, I put him in a taller cage. He doesn't use any cage for flying, but he is a big time climber and enjoys using every inch of a 24 by 24 by 50ish inch "cockatiel" cage.

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
I think i'll divide the cage in half, and in the future when Cage prices go down i'll Buy a second cage. If i flipped half the cage over, it would be the size of a Big Cage anyway, and birds like their cages more horizontal

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I think i'll divide the cage in half, and in the future when Cage prices go down i'll Buy a second cage. If i flipped half the cage over, it would be the size of a Big Cage anyway, and birds like their cages more horizontal
So how much space will your conure have ?

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I think the height might limit things once you put perches and hanging toys in you will loose the openess i think your aiming for.
Both of mine do use the vertical of the cage a lot to be honest and also use the floor a lot the bottom 40% of my cage is pretty clear.
Mojo has a swing in her cage as well that she uses a lot.
I have no experience with budgies so cant compare i would say my conures like to climb a lot more height for me than 18" both my cages are 36" and i would say all of that space is used.
Width and depth isnt much less either 24" x 24"

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
I think the height might limit things once you put perches and hanging toys in you will loose the openess i think your aiming for.
Both of mine do use the vertical of the cage a lot to be honest and also use the floor a lot the bottom 40% of my cage is pretty clear.
Mojo has a swing in her cage as well that she uses a lot.
I have no experience with budgies so cant compare i would say my conures like to climb a lot more height for me than 18" both my cages are 36" and i would say all of that space is used.
Width and depth isnt much less either 24" x 24"
I'll just get an extra Cage then, thank you so much!

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I would wait to get the conure rather than take cage space from the budgies. There will be other conures.