• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Golden conure

kae0122

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Karen Ann Fioravante
Looking for a Golden conure (Queen of Bavaria). I have always had birds and my 15 year old Ekkie passed away in May. I live in Florida but will travel (within reason). Thank you for any suggestions. (I will ask for a FaceTime or What’s App meeting.)

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome! They do not come up for adoption very often, and when they do they usually have a hefty "adoption fee". In Florida they are easier to find than in any other state in the US with the possible exception of California. If you prefer adopting to buying from a breeder or store, your best bet would be to check the classified advertisements as I would be astonished if the reputable rescues do not already have a list of people waiting for one to be put up for adoption.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
As @expressmailtome said, they are really hard to find and very expensive. Some of the more upscale exotic pet stores may have them but I heard they were selling for $6000. If you're open to other birds, there are many birds in rescues in need of good homes.