• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Golden Collar Macaw

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Don't you hate when life happens???
Yep! I can't just move him on simply so I can follow up on my plan- I would never forgive myself if I did that for me and found out I chose the wrong person for him. If he finds a match and the feeling is mutual then I am happy to let him go to where he will be happier- as long as I know he is happy and well cared for.

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Yep! I can't just move him on simply so I can follow up on my plan- I would never forgive myself if I did that for me and found out I chose the wrong person for him. If he finds a match and the feeling is mutual then I am happy to let him go to where he will be happier- as long as I know he is happy and well cared for.
That's one reason I don't breed any animals. I'm not sure anyone would pass muster. I love greaters and had an amazing long billed corella, but I have New World birds. Had I known about PH, I'd have never got her :(.

Icey

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
She is pretty for sure, but I really want to stick with what I have. There is still only one I would seriously consider getting. :)

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
She is pretty for sure, but I really want to stick with what I have. There is still only one I would seriously consider getting. :)
Curious as to what you would consider getting? I am also happy with the species I have but in the market for an Illigers/yellow collared or severe macaw as company for my Illigers. They aren’t super common as rehomes so if the right bird comes along, we will consider. He is really lonely, lived with big birds all his life and now is on his own with tiny brat conures as company.

Kiwi's Dad

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
What are you considering? :chin:

What have you been hiding @Icey :cautious:

Icey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Well tbh I almost had it 2 years ago but was too late to reply, and because they are rare here, I just have to be patient and keep looking.
Moluccan cockatoo.
I had one in Canada and he was the sweetest bird. I regret rehoming him to come to the UK. If I could go back in time, he would be with me now. I miss him and his funny antics and dance moves like crazy, and personality! Wow!

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Well tbh I almost had it 2 years ago but was too late to reply, and because they are rare here, I just have to be patient and keep looking.
Moluccan cockatoo.
I had one in Canada and he was the sweetest bird. I regret rehoming him to come to the UK. If I could go back in time, he would be with me now. I miss him and his funny antics and dance moves like crazy, and personality! Wow!
Ahww, I hope you will be able to find one again! They seem like amazing birds, I saw one in real life past summer and his beauty and intelligence just blew me away. I fall in love with cockatoos every time I see one dance :heart: Does Dolly like to dance? It must have been though to rehome your flock when you moved countries. I understand though, it must be really hard and stressful to the birds to have brought them. I have looked in to bringing my flock from the Netherlands to UK, and that would already be very stressful but doable.

Kiwi's Dad

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
Moluccan cockatoo.
I hope you're able to find one :heart: I love cockatoos but I don't think I could handle them :laugh:

Icey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Ahww, I hope you will be able to find one again! They seem like amazing birds, I saw one in real life past summer and his beauty and intelligence just blew me away. I fall in love with cockatoos every time I see one dance :heart: Does Dolly like to dance? It must have been though to rehome your flock when you moved countries. I understand though, it must be really hard and stressful to the birds to have brought them. I have looked in to bringing my flock from the Netherlands to UK, and that would already be very stressful but doable.
Omg yes I have posted her dancing. She is my little diva dancing queen.
I love when she gets ito the whole head rolling .

Last edited:

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Omg yes I have posted her dancing. She is my little diva dancing queen.
I love when she gets ito the whole head rolling .
I am going to look for that!! It is really surprising to hear you find cockatoos calmer then macaws:wideyed: I always imagined toos as busier then macs for some reason.

Icey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
I am going to look for that!! It is really surprising to hear you find cockatoos calmer then macaws:wideyed: I always imagined toos as busier then macs for some reason.
It may be because of the condition she was in when we got her (pretty bad).
Now that she is eating better with veggies and pellets instead of the seed mix only diet the previous owners had her on, her feathers are all coming back in beautifully, and she's being more adventurous now that she's healthier.

TikiMyn

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
It may be because of the condition she was in when we got her (pretty bad).
Now that she is eating better with veggies and pellets instead of the seed mix only diet the previous owners had her on, her feathers are all coming back in beautifully, and she's being more adventurous now that she's healthier.
That sounds wonderful, I love it when rescue birds bounce back like that! Way to go both of you:)

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
They are an amazing species. I have only seen two, however since they are almost non existent in the United States now, I am unlikely to see another one.