• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Golden Cockatoo shopping trip!

Sylvi_

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
I live pretty close to the Golden Cockatoo bird store and love shopping there, it’s a super fun store.
Had to run in for some zupreem but got a few other goodies for the girls of course. :D

They had some golden conure babies out playing
A4F57946-FC71-4E8B-8C9A-AF305E8D9514.jpeg And this super talkative b&g macaw chatted with me while I browsed. Such a beautiful bird. :heart: D8AC7E08-8442-49B6-A4E4-DDC257FFCA68.jpeg
The goodies, and baby Gyl testing out the dinner mash. She approves!
A00283B5-E8ED-4631-B8D5-B8D50A89B048.jpeg B3387968-85AE-4DB2-9A94-06E1BFA485BA.jpeg

Sodapop&Co.

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Wow! That macaw is gorgeous! Is that much black on the face normal, I wonder?
That's a great little haul of goodies. :D

Sparkles!

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Do a review of the Worldly Cuisine!! I’ve thought about picking up some of their mixes before. I’d love to know what the turquoise turkey thinks of them. They sound way easier than making mash from scratch.

JewellBird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Miranda
Aww, Gylfie is such a cutie! I recently started getting some Worldly Cuisine for my flock too, they love it and even like it mixed with their veggie chop sometimes too.

Sylvi_

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
Do a review of the Worldly Cuisine!! I’ve thought about picking up some of their mixes before. I’d love to know what the turquoise turkey thinks of them. They sound way easier than making mash from scratch.
Same here! I’ve seen members use them before but it’s usually out of stock when I’m shopping. Luckily they had some of the Spice Market blend today!

It was super easy to make! I boiled about 5oz of water and poured onto a tablespoon of the mash in a small bowl. Covered and left it in the microwave for about 10 minutes. It really fluffs up a lot after cooking, and can apparently be stored in the fridge for a few days. I just measured what I was going to use for that evening though.

Gylfie’s thoughts! She absolutely loved it, didn’t even shake her beak at first taste. She went back for thirds and fourths over a couple hours. Definitely will buy more for her, some different recipes too!
79D43850-A86F-4CB5-856C-627BEE1A70D2.jpeg
Picky Mimi even gave it a few bites, so that’s a winner in my book. She quickly went back to foraging for yummier things. :D
6E1B45C5-36D7-4FB2-AF53-0FA94A5BA33D.jpeg

Sparkles!

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That’s all the review I need, I guess! Is Spice Market sweet or savory? Does it smell good? Did you try any out?

Sylvi_

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
That’s all the review I need, I guess! Is Spice Market sweet or savory? Does it smell good? Did you try any out?
Lol! I didn’t think to try it, darn. Definitely smelled really good. It does have cinnamon and sweet potato in it so I’m guessing sweet.

Here’s a link to the ingredients!

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
That’s Rocky’s favorite blend, then Tuscan Dream. My son tried the Spice Market :laugh: and he liked it lol. It’s spicy:D

Sparkles!

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@Sylvi_
Did you get the little 2oz size bag or the big one? Since there’s so many flavors, I don’t know if I should get a couple little bags or a big bag. If the little bags are only 1 or 2 servings, I should probably get a big one.

Sylvi_

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
@Sylvi_
Did you get the little 2oz size bag or the big one? Since there’s so many flavors, I don’t know if I should get a couple little bags or a big bag. If the little bags are only 1 or 2 servings, I should probably get a big one.
Gylfie’s pretty bold with food so chanced it and got the 13oz. But if you’re ordering multiple flavors, you could get a 13oz to start offering with and a few small bags of other recipes to try once they’re giving the mash a go?

LovieLouie

Sprinting down the street
Same here! I’ve seen members use them before but it’s usually out of stock when I’m shopping. Luckily they had some of the Spice Market blend today!

It was super easy to make! I boiled about 5oz of water and poured onto a tablespoon of the mash in a small bowl. Covered and left it in the microwave for about 10 minutes. It really fluffs up a lot after cooking, and can apparently be stored in the fridge for a few days. I just measured what I was going to use for that evening though.

Gylfie’s thoughts! She absolutely loved it, didn’t even shake her beak at first taste. She went back for thirds and fourths over a couple hours. Definitely will buy more for her, some different recipes too!
View attachment 382526
Picky Mimi even gave it a few bites, so that’s a winner in my book. She quickly went back to foraging for yummier things. :D
View attachment 382527
quick question... I know what sprouts are and I know what chop is but what is mash?? Is it just another word for chop lol?

Sylvi_

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
quick question... I know what sprouts are and I know what chop is but what is mash?? Is it just another word for chop lol?
I’d class a mash as something you have to cook in boiling water and let sit. And, is well, soft!

Here’s a link to one of our vendor’s with lots of wonderful mashes. And an example picture I made really quick of the Spice Market I tried with my guys.
A3458395-7B10-4212-85CA-01C9A055DD66.jpeg

LovieLouie

I’d class a mash as something you have to cook in boiling water and let sit. And, is well, soft!

Here’s a link to one of our vendor’s with lots of wonderful mashes. And an example picture I made really quick of the Spice Market I tried with my guys.
View attachment 383477
Oh ok I thought it might be different than chop thanks for the info!! :D

KiwiConure

Strolling the yard
I live pretty close to the Golden Cockatoo bird store and love shopping there, it’s a super fun store.
Had to run in for some zupreem but got a few other goodies for the girls of course. :D

They had some golden conure babies out playing
View attachment 382511 And this super talkative b&g macaw chatted with me while I browsed. Such a beautiful bird. :heart: View attachment 382510
The goodies, and baby Gyl testing out the dinner mash. She approves!
View attachment 382512 View attachment 382513
Beautiful! The Golden Cockatoo is a store that I dream to go to one day, I live in a small Canadian province so we don't really have any specific bird stores, just the usual like PetSmart and PetValu, save for a little business about an hour from me out of someone's home, but due to Covid we aren't allowed out of our communities right now, but it's definitely a dream of mine to go :D

redindiaink

Avenue Veteran
Wow! That macaw is gorgeous! Is that much black on the face normal, I wonder?
Hard to say for certain since those facial feathers are like a fingerprint, no two are alike. There are a few B&Gs at the local shelter that have thick lines like that. Plus, this bird is excited so the those feathers are lifted away from the cheeks and the angle of the camera makes them look extra thick.

flyzipper

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
facial feathers are like a fingerprint, no two are alike.
That's interesting, thanks for that.
Makes me wonder if a high res photo would be sufficient evidence of identity (akin to leg bands or microchips).

redindiaink

Avenue Veteran
Makes me wonder if a high res photo would be sufficient evidence of identity (akin to leg bands or microchips).
It would be worth digging up the science behind it. Rosie has a dark speck in one eye that I imagine would come in handy for identification if I ever needed to prove it was her.