• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Going through heartbreak?

Coco123

Moving in
Real Name
Corinne
Hello everyone,

Context: I own 2 canaries. One female and one male. The female (Pheobe) stays with me in my room, where I spend most of my time. The male (Zozo) stays in the living room where my mom spends most of her time.

Issue: Pheobe and Zozo have been in contact multiple times in the past and they get along very well. However, I noticed that when they go back to their respective cages, Zozo sings non-stop and Pheobe becomes distant and doesn't go out of her cage as much. They go to being very happy together to be stressed of being appart. This usually lasts a couple days or until they meet again.

Questions: Is this something that is common? Am I overanalyzing this situation? Is she just going through hormonal phases? Should I always keep them separate or not at all? What should I do to avoid this?

Anything helps, thank you

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Is there a reason why they cannot live together? If they get along well, maybe a large cage for them to live in together would be a good idea?
(If you are worried about chicks, just remove any eggs laid)

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Sounds like they really like each other and make each other happier than anything else in their lives. Maybe they could live together and always be happy?