• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Going better than expected

Sweet Louise

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
Due to a variety of circumstances, my niece and her infant and toddler have moved in. Louise's birdcage has gate around it to keep the toddler away. For awhile, she lost quite of bit of out of cage time as she suddenly took to flying a lot which put kids and bird at risk. She just wanted to be where the action was--and with 2 little ones, there is a lot going on. Past 2 weeks, things have settled down. Louise still flies but it is to me or my niece--and my niece is cool with it. She has Louise "help" her with dishes. She will let Louise out when I am gone. I was also sick for 2 days and she completely took care of Louise. Niece has been through so much and I am often exhausted just watching her care for her 2 little ones. She seems to know all the parrot rules (pans, smoke, microwave popcorn, foods she can't have...). Thankfully, Louise is not mimicking a baby cry... All the changes have been rough for everyone, glad some things are settling down.
1583705371491.png

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
My two generally go still and climb high in the cages when my daughter's two boys arrive.

I wonder if they'd be curious about little girls......

MC was a favorite of my first grandson (my sons boy). The walker would be shoved in the direction of the cage.....a tiny bit at a time and you could see the parrot head move a little at a time, just watching him get closer....... and then MC must have gripped tight as the cage got hit. Time after time.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Being a mom is tough.

When I was hauling MC to work with me, I had a new found respect for mom's. That's a lot of stuff to remember to take.....and then haul.

Ulis_Beast

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Doroteja Lenassi
Sorry to hear about your niece...
So glad that it is all working out so well.
My Loki (CAG) also loves to help me with the dishes.
Lets hope Luise will never mimic baby cries ;)