• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Goffins Cockatoo Therapy Needed

ferretspy

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Myah
So I recently found out that my father had sold our family bird, a 9-year-old Goffins Cockatoo named Blizzard. Without getting into the personal details, due to my father not telling me before he sold Blizzard, I didn't get to say good-bye or hold him one last time.
Can my fellow Goffin parents reply with pictures of their babies or funny stories? I'm really missing him, and I don't know if I'll ever see him again.

IMG_2958.JPG IMG_2116.JPG IMG_3134.JPG IMG_3113.JPG IMG_4450.JPG IMG_4202.JPG IMG_4449.JPG

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I am so sorry. That's heart breaking. So, my goffin Elvis is obsessed with playing catch with socks. We do it every morning and night. I throw it and he flies after it, sometimes catching it in the air. If I throw it on the floor, he will fly and land on it and slide on it across the floor. He also loves to open all the cupboards in the kitchen. If he feels I am not paying adequate attention to him. He will throw the spice jars out of the cupboard to get my attention. Once, he somehow managed to unscrew the lid of a bottle of vanilla and flew across the kitchen with it, dumping vanilla everywhere. The only upside was, the entire kitchen smelled like cookies and I didn't have to actually bake any. :roflmao:

Here's my little monkey:

Elvis.jpg

ferretspy

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Myah
I am so sorry. That's heart breaking. So, my goffin Elvis is obsessed with playing catch with socks. We do it every morning and night. I throw it and he flies after it, sometimes catching it in the air. If I throw it on the floor, he will fly and land on it and slide on it across the floor. He also loves to open all the cupboards in the kitchen. If he feels I am not paying adequate attention to him. He will throw the spice jars out of the cupboard to get my attention. Once, he somehow managed to unscrew the lid of a bottle of vanilla and flew across the kitchen with it, dumping vanilla everywhere. The only upside was, the entire kitchen smelled like cookies and I didn't have to actually bake any. :roflmao:

Here's my little monkey:

View attachment 393832
oh my god, the sock thing is so precious!! he's adorable

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
Sweden my Goffin loves to 'escape' and free her roommate Solomon the Amazon. Then when I come in and catch her, she hops around my feet, feathers afluff as if saying haha, look what I did.

She's a exhibitionist, and here she is showing it all. ;) 544861_2760226184867_285785076_n.jpg

ferretspy

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Myah
Sweden my Goffin loves to 'escape' and free her roommate Solomon the Amazon. Then when I come in and catch her, she hops around my feet, feathers afluff as if saying haha, look what I did.

She's a exhibitionist, and here she is showing it all. ;) View attachment 393838
oh my god thats hilarious! she's so cute.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
I don't personally have a Goffins, but I am making one for a custom pen order. Not quite finished or fully assembled, but I love her little happy face!

20211003_173207.jpg

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
My heart breaks for you and for Blizzard. :crycry: I wish you could get him back somehow.