• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Goffins and YNA need long term board

peggopanic

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Peggy Wang
I’m not sure if this is the correct place for what I’m seeking but I’m in a situation that isn’t good and I’ve been struggling to find a boarding place that I trust and am wondering if anyone here can help.

I’m currently ‘homeless’ in the Las Vegas area and am trying to figure out my situation. The two places I’d like to board mine at are full and the others I’ve called I don’t believe would be a good place for one, the goffins, who is extremely high strung and would need some outside time these places won’t provide. Is there anyone in the Vegas area who can help, take both or the goffins in on a long term basis (I’m guessing 1-3 months). They’re currently at the residence I was previously at but I know the goffins really struggles there so I’d like to take him somewhere where he can be happier. I’m obv going to pay, I just have nowhere to put them.

Sorry if this is the wrong area for the post.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Bump for you

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
Years ago there were a few parrot clubs in Vegas.
Are any still active? If so, one of the members may be able to help.
Sorry that I can't remember any names, it's been years.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Are there any rescues near you that might know of people willing to care for the birds for awhile? I know the rescue I help at here has done that for people.

Toy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Found a few places you might try. Ask if they will board/foster your bird or if they know any places that will. If you do this get everything in writing your birds will be returned to you. Stay in contact where you place them at least weekly.

Best wishes.

peggopanic

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Peggy Wang
Years ago there were a few parrot clubs in Vegas.
Are any still active? If so, one of the members may be able to help.
Sorry that I can't remember any names, it's been years.
Not that I know of, I’ve called around both stores and vets and they all seem to only know each other. I’m a new resident here and don’t know anyone in the area with a parrot, unfortunately. I’ll try searching though, thanks.

peggopanic

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Peggy Wang
Are there any rescues near you that might know of people willing to care for the birds for awhile? I know the rescue I help at here has done that for people.
I’ve contacted one earlier this year but they refused (Southern Nevada Parrot Rescue), I will try the other I’ve heard about - I’d read negative reviews so was hesitant but am desperate so will try. Thank you.

peggopanic

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Peggy Wang
Found a few places you might try. Ask if they will board/foster your bird or if they know any places that will. If you do this get everything in writing your birds will be returned to you. Stay in contact where you place them at least weekly.

Best wishes.
Thank you, SNPERRS said no earlier this year with this situation.

Ah, free flight is in CA! If I could transport them I would board them in OC where I acquired both. Thanks, I’ll keep looking.

Last edited:

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Blueberry

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Lulu
Maybe your local humane society has programs to help?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I’ve contacted one earlier this year but they refused (Southern Nevada Parrot Rescue), I will try the other I’ve heard about - I’d read negative reviews so was hesitant but am desperate so will try. Thank you.
They might have people who foster birds who would watch him
If you have doubts about the rescue, I would check carefully

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
Call the OC and see if they can recommend somebody in Las Vegas