• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Goffin Cockatoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

catnloco

Sprinting down the street
In the last 8 months I have been asked to take in many birds everything from B&G macaw,U2, M2, and a few amazons (all of which I referred to other people I know who do rescue in my area). I have done rescue in the past and well if my phone didn't ring today. A friend of a family member has a U2 and a G2. The U2 is bonded with the husband and the G2 was bonded with the wife well....The wife left months ago and the G2 has science plucked all his feathers out,stopped playing and stopped interacting with the husband (obviously he is depressed) so I was asked if I would take in this G2. The husband works alot he has his own construction company,owns several commercial properties that he rents to business as well as apartments and he also has a Title company . Needless to say he doesn't have alot of spare time.
I saw photos of him with his mommy a year ago, he was so happy,proud and confident and now he has fallen apart at the seems. I couldn't say no it hurts me to know how much he is hurting.
Long story short looks like a little G2 is moving in Saturday.

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
I hope you can work with the g2 I just adore them

Sarin

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Nicole
That is great news. I hope he pops back in to time, I know you'll take wonderful care of him. Can't wait to hear lots of updates on his progress. :hug8:

ortegah

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
Awh, poor baby! I hope he turns around quickly :hug8:

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
:hug8:

Birds can crumble when huge changes occur to them. They are such amazing and strong animals but sometimes even they fall apart.

I wonder if his "mommy" thinks of him?? :(

I do hope you can mend his heart and body too.

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
I hope he finds the love he thinks he's lost and that he blooms again.

Ginger

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Awww, the poor little thing :(
Good luck with him, I am sure he will turn around in your care! It is so kind of you to take him in

catnloco

I talked to the husband some more today about the G2. He won't even come out of his cage. The husband takes him out and puts him on the playtop and he climbs right down and into the cage and sits on his perch. He will take him back out of the cage over to the sofa to sit with him the G2 climbs down his leg hops over to his cage and climbs in and on his perch.. Hmmmmmm I find this interesting along with the fact that he does NOT vocalize at all anymore. He use to talk and chatter but hasn't in months.The U2 will get going (scream and carry on) and the G2 doesn't make a noise.
I can't wait to get my hands on this little guy Saturday can't come fast enough).

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
I think he needs to get to the vet ASAP. What could be mistaken for melancholoy could be an serious illness. Please be sure and quarantine.

Ginger

Prince Toasty Buns

Jogging around the block
Glad to hear that G2 is moving into your home. Sounds like he will be getting the needed attention with you. Will be interesting to hear just how quickly he adapts and if being around a woman will make a huge difference. I have G2s myself, they sure love getting attention as most 'TOOs do.:hug8:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
yes glad you are getting him..and also please take hi m to a vet for a check up..

catnloco

Oh don't worry he IS going into quarantine and he will be seeing our vet as soon as she can get him in (he hasn't seen a vet in at least 2 years):eek:. His diet is seeds and peanuts:mad:.Do you know what his favorite toy is?????????Styrofoam cups :omg: He is poisoning him by letting him chew on that. I didn't say a word. I figured I would wait until I got the little guy here and then I will inform him and try to educate him befor he kills the U2.
I wont be shocked if he has a bacterial infection. I also expect him to detoxify once he gets here (maybe dropping a lot of the down feathers he has left) but in the end I know he will be better off here.

Prince Toasty Buns

Jogging around the block
Karma,

Hope you don't mind me going off topic for a moment. I see from your signature that you have a Fitzroy 'TOO. I have never heard of that sub-species before. Googled some info. = interesting. Have you posted pics of him anywhere on this site? Would love to see some pics of Skittles if possible.

2. FITZROY GREATER SULPHUR-CRESTED COCKATOO
Cacatua galerita fitzroyi

One - Two inches smaller than C. galerita galerita
Less yellow on the ear coverts and under wings and tail
Very pale blue ring around the eye
Much broader beak than C. galeria galerita
Named after the Fitzroy River in Northern Australia

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Im so glad you can take this G2 in and make changes that will hopefully help him out. Goffins are dear to my heart and are just such wonderful Toos. Poor guy :(

AngelGoffin

I took in a Goffin that had been sorely neglected for about ten years. We had a rough couple of months at the onset, but her progress has been a joy to watch. Her confidence grows daily and her little personality (or er, uh I should say "huge" personality) is just flourishing. I cannot believe she didn't pluck all her feathers due to the conditions she lived in. I wish you all the best and hope that the bird will be won over by your love and bring you lots of joy. Please let us know how it goes...

Status
Not open for further replies.