• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Godspeed, little kitty....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
It pains me to hear this :( And angers me that someone kicked you while you were down to boot! Hugs for you for both reasons :hug8:

Dana Lee

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Dana
I'm so very sorry for your loss! :hug8:And shame on that lady for being so mean, I agree with Marie I'd right a letter. If that lady is rude to other people I bet it affect how many donations that shelter gets which is sad.

suileeka

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lindsay
How very sad. :sad1:

:sadhug: Goodbye, sweet kitten.

Yoyo'sMom

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
I'm very sorry. I had a similar thing happen a couple of months ago with a stray kitty that had a fatal disease. I know how heart breaking it its.:hug8:

Chicobo

Real Name
Erin
Thanks, everyone. It just was a giant parade of suck for the last 32 some hours. I'm actually considering going to the shelter tonight or tomorrow and offering to foster a cat or kitten. I can't justify or afford vet care for another cat right now, but when you foster the shelter pays for all the veterinary care, food, etc. So...I mean they wouldn't be "my cat(s)" but.....it might be worth it.

Sparky04

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kiersten
That's a great idea. :hug8:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I am sorry to hear of your loss. Rabies is nothing to mess around with. Our local county shelter adopted out a rabies + kitten and everyone who was part of that house hold had to undergo the shots. Terrible, rabies is out there and strays unfortunately you just cant tell until they show any odd behavior.

:(

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
I'm so sorry for your loss.:hug8: And would be furious at the shelter person.:mad:

avianantics

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Shelly Wing
:hug8::hug8::hug8::hug8:

Chicobo

Real Name
Erin
I am sorry to hear of your loss. Rabies is nothing to mess around with. Our local county shelter adopted out a rabies + kitten and everyone who was part of that house hold had to undergo the shots. Terrible, rabies is out there and strays unfortunately you just cant tell until they show any odd behavior.

:(
It's so true, and frightening! What was most upsetting was the idea that it could incubate for a YEAR in the victim animal and no one would know!! And seeing him change, his personality get warped like that...just kills you :( thank goodness birds can't get it!!!

TheBeesKnees

Real Name
Lindsey Champine
I've said it before and I'll say it again....may the fleas of a 1,000 camels infest her crotch, and may her arms be short too short to scratch it!! :hehe:....no but truly, no shelter worker should ever pass judgement on something like that...it's kind of an oxymoron.....everyone there is supposed to look out for the best interests of the animal, but be understanding etc....I am so sorry you had to feel this pain....:hug8:

Skyler

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
:hug8::hug8:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I'm so sorry for your loss - havng to put anyone to sleep is hard - I've found that the younger they are the harder it is. :(:sadhug::sadhug:

Euphoria

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Kat
im so sorry.... i know how hard it is. and i am disgusted in how the woman treated you. apparently sometimes people cant realize that sometimes diseases cant be taken care of and that you have gone through all the resorts. and this was the last option. i know you feel awful but out of all of it you were giving him what he needed. if he was left with that disease and from what you write i feel that he was in a serious part of it that it was in his best interest that he be put to sleep. hes not in pain anymore. dont feel like a bad person and i know its hard for me to say that and doing it is a whole another story. BIG HUGS for you... im so sorry again that you had to lose your buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.