• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Gisli and his fish

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
So I still had the second fish left over, so I gave it to Gisli who has enjoyed playing with it on the table... However I gave it him in the afternoon, and he was still banging it around at bedtime, waking everyone up! I had to take the toy off him - he´s just too playful! He can have it back in the morning to carry on playing with it :rolleyes:

Being all nice to the fishy;

¨playing¨ with the fishy;
(note the moment he is thinking ¨Oh human, you are here!¨ :lol: )

Link to the toy;

Leih

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
So cute! At the end he's "it always feels like, someone is watching me!" That's how Aoife plays with her bells, beats them up and squeaks the entire time! I might get her that toy and see how she likes it. It's not heavy?

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So I still had the second fish left over, so I gave it to Gisli who has enjoyed playing with it on the table... However I gave it him in the afternoon, and he was still banging it around at bedtime, waking everyone up! I had to take the toy off him - he´s just too playful! He can have it back in the morning to carry on playing with it :rolleyes:

Being all nice to the fishy;

¨playing¨ with the fishy;
(note the moment he is thinking ¨Oh human, you are here!¨ :lol: )

Link to the toy;
Our more aggressive girls seem to love this toy!

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
It's not heavy?
It has a good weight to it, so it´s not light but it´s not heavy either. The plastic part with the fish is very thick (Acrylic?) so it´s quite noisy banging on the cage - I think I´ll put it in the middle away from the sides today :)

Weighs 30.4g if that helps.

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
The way he attacks, well plays with hehehe, the toy is exactly how Picard tosses his ball around.
Rage toss!

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@Zara when you posted the fish toy I knew it looked familiar. I found mine in Gigi's toy box and put it in her cage more than a month ago. She managed to avoid on the regular. Today I heard a huge banging sound and sure enough Gigi was playing with her fish. She has continued off and on all day. Yeah, it's loud.
1601157005968.jpeg

jzarc17

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jackie
That is so cute! My bird, like others on here beats the daylights out of her bell. So cool to see another bird play like that!

p.s my lovie went nuts when she herd yours!

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
So cute :) :loveshower:

Yes it is loud if hung too close to the side! Gotta hang it towards the centre! :lol:

Gísli beat the daylight out of his poor little fish and then chewed the plastic thread. I have all the parts but I need to fix it. I was hoping to get a thin SS chain for it, as I feel that would last the longest. I could tie it with leather but Gísli is quite mechanichal and will open the knots :rolleyes:

p.s my lovie went nuts when she herd yours!
You should show her the Reactions thread :lol:

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I finally fixed Gislis fish. I actually had a piece of chain in my toy parts box. I was sorting through yesterday and was embarrassed by all the stuff I have in there. I make toys with new beads, then buy more beads, but I save all the beads from broken toys in the "reuse box" and never reuse them :shy:
Anyway, the chain was too wide to fit the disc on but I got all the beads on and added some little beads and a Teddy charm...
IMG_20201012_114546.jpg IMG_20201012_114602.jpg

Gísli seems pretty happy to have his fish back :rolleyes:
IMG_20201012_115026.jpg IMG_20201012_115028.jpg IMG_20201012_115111.jpg

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh we have a couple of this one! The girls love it, but the boys find it terrifying!