• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Giggie…it’s that time of year gain

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
How disheartening :sad1: I remember with Zane he would be good for awhile or at least pretty manageable and he'd start self mutilating with a vengeance. Constantly breaking out collars. I'm glad you're noticing a difference already. Hopefully that will continue. I wish you guys all the best and I'm so glad she in good loving hands :hug8::heart:

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
How’s she doing today bless her
Knocking on wood. No additional chewing this moring or scab picking. I just have to time when the dolorex (pain meds) start to wear off and keep an eye on her.

Thank you for asking :hug4:

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
Knocking on wood. No additional chewing this moring or scab picking. I just have to time when the dolorex (pain meds) start to wear off and keep an eye on her.

Thank you for asking :hug4:
So glad she’s left it alone bless her keep leaving it alone little lady

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Second day of no chew and I waited a little longer to give her dolorex this morning to see how she was doing. The incision site for the implant is a bit brutal and I can feel the implant. I think I'll keep her on dolorex for at least another week. I just hope she doesn't think that implant is an ingrown feather as she digs them out. She is on antibiotics so I'm not too worried about infection. That is the typical protocal when she breaks the skin.