• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Giant tumor on poor Poco's eye. ***GRAPHIC PIC***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeddy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
So sorry for your loss.

Brigidt36

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
I am so sorry for your loss. My most heartfelt sympathies are with you. Poco had a long, wonderful life with you. He knew he was well loved and he is now out of pain. :hug8:

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
I am so sorry for your loss but Paco lived a long life...I know you will miss him but he is flying free right now. :hug8:

NikkiLS

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nicole
Just read this...I am so very sorry.

Morghen

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Morghen
I'm so sorry! I was hoping for a happy ending but at least he had a full life( it doesn't make it any easier though.) My thoughts are with you.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Im sorry, he knew he was loved.:hug8:

crazyanimal

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Delta
I am sorry for your loss but sounds like he had a very long life. I've never heard of a cockatiel living that long either.

Holli

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Holli
I have read many sad stories over the years - but this one has me in uncontrollable tears.

I am so saddened by your loss yet so encouraged by the long life Poco led.

Thank you for sharing this with us. And thank you for giving Poco the best years of his life!

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
I am so very sorry for your loss.

Attachments

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
I'm so sorry for your loss. Paco was older than me. He had a very full life and I know you did everything you could for him. :hug8:

CeddysMum

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Astrid (formerly: 'featherbaby')
I am so sorry! You did the right thing setting Poco free but knowing that doesn't make it any easier!

Fly free and without pain little one!
:hug8:

senorabarb

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barb
I'm sorry for your loss. Poco is flying free with the angels now. Fly high, little one.

LittleBirdAirlines

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Lindsey "Lynz"
Usually on my other forums when I see a lost pet thread I tell them how much animals can touch us. But I don't think I need to say this here.

You seem like a very very sweet person who loved him a TON. And he seemed like a very happy little bird with you. And he stuck around a few extra long years just to bring you smiles. I wanted to help when I came in this thread and read the first page. But then I saw the rest of the replies and my heart sank. When I read your update I cried a little.

It's so sad to hear this. But he isn't gone. He's flying free in the sky and visiting you always. *HUGE hugs*

Shinebois

Moving in
Real Name
Jeff Kremer
We want to thank Avian Avenue and all the awesome people that make it up for helping us through the ordeal with Paco. It's good to know there are great people like you around to help.
We got Paco when I was helping a client prepare his father house to sell after his mother passed. His father was moving in with him.
Paco was his mother's bird for 25 years. He felt he wouldn't be able to care for him and his father. Of course I said I would love to have him.
We bought him a new cage and tried to introduce him to our lovebirds. No go! He was happy with our company alone. We were told he loved toast and butter, but alas not from us. He started screaming when we made popcorn, we found his love, but mostly we had to hold it for him, a special treat. His every day treat was taco chips. He would crunch a few bites, but most lick of the salt. We would pull into the garage and he'd start squawking. Good ears, better than our dogs. We miss that greeting. We are glad we could give him interesting, stimulating last years and will remember him for all he gave us. Love you Paco

Jeff and Craig

southernbirds

Thank you both for sharing that wonderful story. I'm sure his original owner and him are re-united and she is smiling down at you from heaven.

Status
Not open for further replies.