• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

NEW PRODUCT Giant Ladders

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
In all my years of packing boxes, it just always seems to be an inch too small this way or that way. I have seriously had some hate relationships with boxing some stuff up. I have a lot of boxes but it is always some item that would throw the whole thing out of wack of fitting in just so.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
In all my years of packing boxes, it just always seems to be an inch too small this way or that way. I have seriously had some hate relationships with boxing some stuff up. I have a lot of boxes but it is always some item that would throw the whole thing out of wack of fitting in just so.
Im beginning to realize this. So what I do now is make/modify my boxes out of bigger boxes/big pieces of cardboard. A roll of Tuck Tape and presto any size box. :)

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You should talk to Ann, Miss Jan, that woman can make the oddest things fit in those darn USPS boxes & ship. I only say that as she may have some pointers or tips & tricks. My (2?nd last box) had so-sooo much in it including long skewers, spiral skewers & a swing. Plus I cannot even attempt to re-do it. If I don't have to deal w/ breakables I always thought I did well w/ big items & small boxes. She puts even a friend of mine to shame, which I never thought possible after seeing a Zillion items go out to friends & family in the last 25 years for a zillion holidays.

This may be an odd ? And if it a secret it's ok. Do the vendors get a private board us, simple owners don't see. Not sure if I am breaking a rule asking or not tagging Sarah or Chris, I don't think I am but....

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
This may be an odd ? And if it a secret it's ok. Do the vendors get a private board us, simple owners don't see. Not sure if I am breaking a rule asking or not tagging Sarah or Chris, I don't think I am but....
Yes we do :) It's called the woodshed! :lol: Jk on the last part ;)