• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Giant grapevine wood toy

TrueBlue

Strolling the yard
I ordered this toy from Petco not knowing how big it would be. Description only gives the length and says it's ideal for all sized birds. When I got it, I was surprised at how big it was :eek:. It didn't say the wood pieces would be the size of lovebirds :laugh:. I debated on returning it but for the price and since it fits in the cage, I decided to keep it. Guessing it will last forever :bored:
20201208_225333.jpg
Screenshot_20201208-225510.jpg
20201208_184618.jpg

ParrotNuts

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Atharv
That is one large toy!!! :omg: . Just be sure to fasten it tightly, to prevent any accidents :)

ParrotNuts

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Atharv
And :oops: I forgot to comment on how beautiful your lovebird is!!!!!!! :awww:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Honestly, I think you may be better taking it apart, drilling some holes in the ends and creating some cool perches or a swing(the top piece would make a great swing), or both.
I don´t imagine it being a fun toy as it is simply for sheer size. Plus if your bird starts to ¨angry play¨ he could push it fast and it will come back faster and bonk him.
You could reuse the chain and bell for toy making.

edit;
If you do keeo it as it is, be sure to do something about the part of exposed chain at the top. This is exactly the toy type where the bird will grapple the toy and hold on to the chain, when the toy starts to turn, it will trap toes/toenails.

TrueBlue

Strolling the yard
Honestly, I think you may be better taking it apart, drilling some holes in the ends and creating some cool perches or a swing(the top piece would make a great swing), or both.
I don´t imagine it being a fun toy as it is simply for sheer size. Plus if your bird starts to ¨angry play¨ he could push it fast and it will come back faster and bonk him.
You could reuse the chain and bell for toy making.

edit;
If you do keeo it as it is, be sure to do something about the part of exposed chain at the top. This is exactly the toy type where the bird will grapple the toy and hold on to the chain, when the toy starts to turn, it will trap toes/toenails.
Ha ha @Zara you were reading my mind. I had all those things in mind already to repurpose it into multiple things :tup:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
:laughin: I love the look on his face!!