• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Giant cage for littles...1/2 bar spacing, 45 x 30 x 74

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Well...I think I am taking the plunge! The fosters are getting an upgrade! I was going to go with the flight that divides but decided I really don't want to divide into 3x3 sides if the fosters get adopted. Inspirational Cages (Karrie) is such a wonderful lady.

1/2 inch bar spacing, 45 wide by 30 deep...the one on the right

21684620_10156804712698066_970212747_o.jpg

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
NICE!!!

painesgrey

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rachel
I have the cage on the left. It's great, but there are 1" gaps on the bottom that I had to block. The one on the right has the same - they're along the bottom above the grate. You'll definitely want to close them off, especially with smaller birds like GCCs.

I ended up just cutting dowel rods to fit the length and wedged them in there.

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I have the cage on the left. It's great, but there are 1" gaps on the bottom that I had to block. The one on the right has the same - they're along the bottom above the grate. You'll definitely want to close them off, especially with smaller birds like GCCs.

Oooh I see it now. I think I have some plexiglass strips. The fosters cheeks would shred a dowel...lol

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra

Hey lady, do you have pictures we can see? ;-)

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Here's a pretty clear picture, taken shortly after it was set up - divider out:

And here it is today, divider in:

Love it...even the 3x3 is roomy. Maybe that one will be next on my list.

ode.to.parrots

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cary
:omg:
As soon as I saw those pics, I immediately went and measured the wall space to see if a cage like that would fit in my apartment, and it would!!!!

Where can I buy this beautiful little birdy mansion? Are there web links? How much does it cost? (I'll probably have to save up for a while, but it's so beautiful that I think it'd be worth it! :D )

Thank you for sharing this glorious find! I feel like finding a big cage with 1/2in bar spacing is so hard to find!

painesgrey

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rachel
:omg:
As soon as I saw those pics, I immediately went and measured the wall space to see if a cage like that would fit in my apartment, and it would!!!!

Where can I buy this beautiful little birdy mansion? Are there web links? How much does it cost? (I'll probably have to save up for a while, but it's so beautiful that I think it'd be worth it! :D )

Thank you for sharing this glorious find! I feel like finding a big cage with 1/2in bar spacing is so hard to find!

I got mine at a local bird fair, through a vendor called Birds & More. It's an HQ cage, so any HQ vendor should be able to get a hold of it for you. Mine is model #GC36432, the smaller one that webchirp is getting is #GC34530 - both with 1/2" bar spacing. I had a hard time finding mine online, as the model number seems to be the same as the double macaw cage as well. If you have any bird fairs in your state, it may be a good idea to check the vendor lists and see if there are any large cage vendors. Give them a call and see what they can find for you.

I think I paid around $500 for mine, though it was a pickup so I didn't pay any shipping fee.

ode.to.parrots

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cary

I got mine at a local bird fair, through a vendor called Birds & More. It's an HQ cage, so any HQ vendor should be able to get a hold of it for you. Mine is model #GC36432, the smaller one that webchirp is getting is #GC34530 - both with 1/2" bar spacing. I had a hard time finding mine online, as the model number seems to be the same as the double macaw cage as well. If you have any bird fairs in your state, it may be a good idea to check the vendor lists and see if there are any large cage vendors. Give them a call and see what they can find for you.

I think I paid around $500 for mine, though it was a pickup so I didn't pay any shipping fee.
This is so helpful! Thank you! I'll start saving and searching. ;)

cosmolove

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica (:
That cage is fantastic!

webchirp

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra

Oh wow...love that price! 749 for the smaller one and 899 for the double. I'm going to go ahead and pick up since I committed but def doing price searching next time. Thanks for the heads up!

Newbie GCC

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Heather
:wow:!! I am jealous! Love these cages!

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Super nice! :D

BirdGuy21

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jake
Very nice! I actually know Karrie and work with her through our local rescue group, she's a great lady. She truly cares about the welfare of birds.

Natural Inspiration Parrot Cages is her company's name. Great products, I've put together and take apart quite a few of her cages and aviaries for bird fairs. So easy to assemble and clean.

ode.to.parrots

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cary
Very nice! I actually know Karrie and work with her through our local rescue group, she's a great lady. She truly cares about the welfare of birds.

Natural Inspiration Parrot Cages is her company's name. Great products, I've put together and take apart quite a few of her cages and aviaries for bird fairs. So easy to assemble and clean.
Awesome! Thank you so much! :D