• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Get to looking

Teckechick

Ask me for a photo of my bird, I have to post one!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
So we have been talking for a long long while about getting Jenks a friend. Friday hubby said find him a friend.:swoon: Since the hardware store won’t give Miss Betty up, I am going to start really actively looking.:cantwait::bliss:

I have failed to mention MBS to my hubby. :shh:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
3.toy.gif How wonderfully exciting!!! :bliss: :loveshower:

DesertBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yay! That's so exciting!

Teckechick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
Well I have been searching the rescues in Illinois for any birdie of the Conure variety in need of a home.:reading: :ebay1:I need to find a rescue that would be comfortable adopting to someone with cats.:blkcat: I don't want to buy a bird from a pet store with so many in shelters in need. The amount of Macaws and Toos I am seeing in these rescues is so heart breaking, there are just so many of those specifically. :(

Teckechick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
Well I sent George from Illinois Parrot rescue an email. They had a green cheek pineapple mutation at the rescue, not sure if they still have the little one. Looks like it needs some beak work for sure from the picture. We will see what George has to say. :)

Hermesbird

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Cat
How exciting! I hope George has the little guy/girl for you! I will be watching in anticipation for great news!

Also what is MBS?

Teckechick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
How exciting! I hope George has the little guy/girl for you! I will be watching in anticipation for great news!

Also what is MBS?
MBS is Multiple Bird Syndrome. It is a running joke here on the forum. You can't just stop at 1 or 2. :lol:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I wish you were closer! Our rescue here has conures. That was the most surrendered species in 2020 for us. :( I am glad you are looking into adopting. :)

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
George is a good guy. Yes, I see cheekies everywhere now. Don't forget CL too. That is where I ransomed Maui...and a few others. If I hear of anything, I'll let you know. Are you on FB?

Teckechick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
I wish you were closer! Our rescue here has conures. That was the most surrendered species in 2020 for us. :( I am glad you are looking into adopting. :)
So sad!!!! :( We seem to be short on Conures in the rescues here currently. That is a good thing though!!!

Some also will only adopt to people with in a certain radius due to the home visits required. Most of those we are too far away from sadly. I will always try to adopt or rescue first, too many animals in shelters.

Teckechick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
George is a good guy. Yes, I see cheekies everywhere now. Don't forget CL too. That is where I ransomed Maui...and a few others. If I hear of anything, I'll let you know. Are you on FB?
Yeah George is great and really cares about the birds. I did check craigslist also but alas no birdie there either. I'll keep checking though we got Jenks from Craigslist. Thanks and yes I have a facebook. I'll send you a friends request.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
So sad!!!! :( We seem to be short on Conures in the rescues here currently. That is a good thing though!!!

Some also will only adopt to people with in a certain radius due to the home visits required. Most of those we are too far away from sadly. I will always try to adopt or rescue first, too many animals in shelters.
You might want to double check with the rescues. A lot of rescues are doing virtual home visits because of the virus and therefore expanding their radius.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
You might want to double check with the rescues. A lot of rescues are doing virtual home visits because of the virus and therefore expanding their radius.
Pearl has that super cute cheekie, Penny (Adopt Penny on Petfinder). I'd be happy to help transport on a weekend if needed.

Teckechick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
Pearl has that super cute cheekie, Penny (Adopt Penny on Petfinder). I'd be happy to help transport on a weekend if needed.
She is a cutie. :heart: I'll contact them as well if I don't hear back from George or any of the local rescues in the next week. PA is a good distance away but we are always up for a road trip!! :car:

Teckechick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Dawn
So I got a message back from George! The little one is an 8+ year old male and was a breeder whose mate died. We are going to schedule an appointment to meet the little guy when George's schedule allows.