• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Georgie's New Cage!!

Cat The Great

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Caitlyn
Today, Georgie's brand new A&E elegant flight cage(32x21x61 in.) arrived. It is a huge upgrade from her smaller cage which now will be a travel cage (Idk her previous cage's dimensions but I will measure it tomorrow). She will be staying in my room, but Georgie is happy about the cage but at the same time is scared of being in the huge cage by herself, but she is doing great and I can't wait until she fully accepts the cage. Here are some photos of Georgie exploring: IMG_20191130_221309705.jpg She hasn't quite figured out it is safe to use the bars to travel inside the cage. She is also a bit tentative to move from her spot, she hasn't figured out she can fly in the cage. IMG_20191130_221128355.jpg Her outside the cage exploring. IMG_20191130_221055504.jpg That's all the photos I have right now but I will take more as she becomes more accepting.

Enjoy and thanks,
Caitlyn

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Georgies cage is beautiful but are the bars 1"? I know there's mention on some little ones having difficulty w/ the bar spacing being that wide.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica

Cat The Great

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Caitlyn
Georgies cage is beautiful but are the bars 1"? I know there's mention on some little ones having difficulty w/ the bar spacing being that wide.
Thank you! That was one thing I was concerned about when searching for a bigger cage. Luckily Georgie can go up to 3/4 inch barring, so in some ways it was easier searching for a cage. This cage like Monica said is 1/2 inch.
Very nice..
Thank you!
Awesome!!!! I'm sure in no time Georgie will get accustomed to his new mansion!!! :D

It has 1/2" bar spacing! :)

I think once Georgie gets used to it, she is not going want her small cage. :) She will never be able to go back. :lol:Its okay though, I am just her slave.:laughing6:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Great cage!! Hopefully Georgie will adjust soon :)

Cat The Great

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Caitlyn
I a couple of questions for her adjusting:
1. Georgie does not want to go down at the bottom of her cage so I put a bowl of water and food next to her, is that normal?
2. Georgie does not really seem to want to go anywhere in her cage (she stays on one perch), however she is perfectly fine to stay inside in the cage (not showing signs of fear at all), is that part of the adjusting?
3. How should I encourage her to move around her cage?

Thanks,
Caitlyn

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Sounds like she's unsure about the bigger space, and that is normal. You can try placing different dishes around the cage at different heights so it gives her something to go and investigate. Same with toys.

Cat The Great

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Caitlyn
Sounds like she's unsure about the bigger space, and that is normal. You can try placing different dishes around the cage at different heights so it gives her something to go and investigate. Same with toys.
Thanks! I wasn't quite sure what was going on. Hopefully, as time goes on, she becomes more comfortable in her new cage. I have added more toys to different locations, but I will be adding some to different height locations.

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Georgie is so lucky to have a home like that. A lot of birbs will be jealous for sure.
Yes,it's new and it's Big. She's probably not aware yet that she can fly in there, so give her some time. Do you have perches long enough to go both front-back and side-side? Maybe make her a square of perches so she can walk safely right around the cage (rope perches are great for this).

Dextine

Meeting neighbors
Georgie does not want to go down at the bottom of her cage so I put a bowl of water and food next to her, is that normal?
The cage looks great!!
My lovies got a new mansion a bit ago. They were unsure about going down too.

In the beginning I gave them breakfast “upstairs” lol aka high up.

When they were more comfortable moving around the cage I started offering food in the same high place and down at the new spots. Then gradually decreased the amount given up high.

They happily eat at the low spots now but love a breakfast upstairs every now and then as a treat :lol::swoon:

Cat The Great

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Caitlyn
Georgie is so lucky to have a home like that. A lot of birbs will be jealous for sure.
Yes,it's new and it's Big. She's probably not aware yet that she can fly in there, so give her some time. Do you have perches long enough to go both front-back and side-side? Maybe make her a square of perches so she can walk safely right around the cage (rope perches are great for this).
I only have about 3 perches right now, so I don't have a lot right now to able to put them everywhere in her cage. However, I did just order some new perches and toys so hopefully they come soon.
The cage looks great!!
My lovies got a new mansion a bit ago. They were unsure about going down too.

In the beginning I gave them breakfast “upstairs” lol aka high up.

When they were more comfortable moving around the cage I started offering food in the same high place and down at the new spots. Then gradually decreased the amount given up high.

They happily eat at the low spots now but love a breakfast upstairs every now and then as a treat :lol::swoon:
Thanks! I do have food and water upstairs and downstairs. Hopefully she gets more comfortable as time goes on. Thank you for the advice.

Cat The Great

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Caitlyn
I know it has been a little bit so I just wanted to give one last update for this thread for everybody. Georgie is now well adjusted to her new cage and that cage is now moved to the living room!! :cheer: IMG_20191208_160908813.jpg
And I am pleased to say she no longer wants her smaller cage!! She knows she has it good. :lol:
Thanks again to everyone who contributed to this great cage journey!
Caitlyn