• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Georgette and Tyler

Status
Not open for further replies.

ferdinand

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
chul
Georgette and Tyler hanging out on Georgette's cage...

Mary is now living with a wonderful family three houses down from us. She was getting attacked by Tyler whenever she was out of her cage..we still supply treats and they know they can bring her back to us if anything changes and they no longer can keep her.

ferdinand

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
chul
If you turn up the volume, you can hear me whisper Georgette's name right before she flies over. :)

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
Oh that was cute!

Love that yellow color, they are sooo tiny and seemed to have such little voices.

I did however hear louder birds in the background. lol

ferdinand

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
chul
Oh that was cute!

Love that yellow color, they are sooo tiny and seemed to have such little voices.

I did however hear louder birds in the background. lol
She will make a soft almost clucking sound when she is content on my shoulder or under my chin...the conures and mini-macaws are in the background saying "hi" too! :D

ferdinand

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
chul
Here is a vid of Tyler one day after the previous videos. She literally plucked herself over night. The vet says she is healthy, and didn't see any evidence of allergies or anything else. They think it may be hormonal. :confused: Other than being plucked, Tyler is doing great - I can actually see her crop get full as she eats now!

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Here is a vid of Tyler one day after the previous videos. She literally plucked herself over night. The vet says she is healthy, and didn't see any evidence of allergies or anything else. They think it may be hormonal. :confused: Other than being plucked, Tyler is doing great - I can actually see her crop get full as she eats now!
Aw, I'm sorry Tyler's plucking. It's so strange how they just decide to do it one day, isn't it? :(

ferdinand

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
chul

Aw, I'm sorry Tyler's plucking. It's so strange how they just decide to do it one day, isn't it? :(
No kidding...I walked past her and was like :eek: when did that happen! You had feathers last night! She looks like she is wearing a feather helmet ;)

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
Do you see Dr. Shultz at South Hyland? That's the exact same thing that I went through with Harper except she left some downy feathers.

ferdinand

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
chul
Do you see Dr. Shultz at South Hyland? That's the exact same thing that I went through with Harper except she left some downy feathers.
I see the Tholls (married avian vets). They are less than a mile away here in Burnsville...actually it might be Apple Valley - its right on the border off of 35E. Its also right across hwy 11 from our dog's vet.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
awwwwwwwwwwsooooooooooooadorable

M-Nature

Walking the driveway
Real Name
M-Nature
Yikes, poor Tyler. That does sound hormonal. My parrotlet plucks her "shoulders" and under her wings. She still has high levels of zinc in her blood and we think that's contributing to her plucking. I have a red rumped parakeet who was a nervous plucker. We were able to get her to stop plucking by giving her lupron shots. Pretty amazing to see the change. Something to consider if Tyler keeps plucking.

ferdinand

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
chul
She us getting fuzzy...and I am not seeing green feathers in the bottom of her cage so I am hoping she has stopped. She is endearing in a different way now w/out feathers...and she left a few right before her feet and it looks like she is wearing short ankle socks :D

ferdinand

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
chul
Georgette has a new game....flying and buzzing by Ajax. She usually ignores the other birds, but the last couple of days when Ajax has been in the living room (actually on my shoulder) she has buzzed him once and actually tried to land on him another time....Ajax seems terrified of the little yellow bomber (he screams bloody murder). I am not to happy as I'm afraid Georgette will get hurt so I will have to more closely monitor both when they are in the same room...but I will admit the visual of a CAG screaming in fear from a itty bitty parrotlet had me laughing :lol:

ferdinand

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
chul
My little green feather helmet girl is getting fuzzy - I hope its a sign that she is letting her feathers come back :cool:

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.