• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

George 6 month alexandrine.

George1234

Moving in
Problems with George. In morning comes out of cage and steps up. Good. We have made him play centre with stand toys food and he stays there all day, having a fly and walk along floor. He sqwarks a lot. Time for bed he bites and won't go in cage. He bites my husband. Bad. Any help would be appreciated Aussie Chris

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Welcome to the Avenue :hiya:

SumitaSinh

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
We need pics...

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome to the forum. Will he step up on a perch? If he's biting, I wouldn't have him step up on hands at bedtime. Also, I find a bedtime routine helps a lot. I always put my birds in their cage before they get tired. A tired bird is a cranky bird which makes it harder. So, if I want them to go to bed at 8:30, they go in at 8:00. I then sit with them for awhile. A lot of birds don't like cages/bedtime because it means you're going away. So, I sit with them, sing to them, give them a bedtime treat (for my tiels, millet, for my cockatoo, a cashew). Once they understand the routine and know that bedtime is "nice", it usually goes much better.