• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

GeoG's making progress!

Status
Not open for further replies.

renaelock

Strolling the yard
For those of you who do not know, GeoG is a rehomed 4 year old RBP that, once I brought home, realized the lady lied when she said he was more trusting of females. He likes my dad and brother like there is no tomorrow when they visit. Well, GREAT news! He's making progress and starting to accept me as a trustworthy being! He won't step up on my hand unless it's from the rope perch that I use to get him out of his cage. But he will step up on my elbow if I have a long sleve shirt on (from in the cage or off the tree sometimes). He is more eager to try new foods if I offer them and he will not bite at my fingers when I offer food anymore. Yesterday was the first day he climbed upside down in his cage while I was still in the room. Also, when I was talking to him yesterday on his tree stand he came closer to me!!! I am so happy. He hasn't started talking to me but progress is progress. I was worried he wouldn't ever be happy in my home, living with a female human, but now I think he wouldn't mind spending the rest of his years with me. I just wanted to share my good news with other parronts. I tell my friends and family and they give me a weird look - they aren't really bird people when it comes to me talking about what I believe to be the exciting things the birds have done that day or recently. Thanks for reading!

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
this is exciting news!!! keep up the good work with him.

:hug8:

tammie

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tammie
Sounds like progress is being made. Remember to be patient and don't push him. It'll take time, but I'm sure you know that. Good Luck and enjoy.

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
For those of you who do not know, GeoG is a rehomed 4 year old RBP that, once I brought home, realized the lady lied when she said he was more trusting of females. He likes my dad and brother like there is no tomorrow when they visit. Well, GREAT news! He's making progress and starting to accept me as a trustworthy being! He won't step up on my hand unless it's from the rope perch that I use to get him out of his cage. But he will step up on my elbow if I have a long sleve shirt on (from in the cage or off the tree sometimes). He is more eager to try new foods if I offer them and he will not bite at my fingers when I offer food anymore. Yesterday was the first day he climbed upside down in his cage while I was still in the room. Also, when I was talking to him yesterday on his tree stand he came closer to me!!! I am so happy. He hasn't started talking to me but progress is progress. I was worried he wouldn't ever be happy in my home, living with a female human, but now I think he wouldn't mind spending the rest of his years with me. I just wanted to share my good news with other parronts. I tell my friends and family and they give me a weird look - they aren't really bird people when it comes to me talking about what I believe to be the exciting things the birds have done that day or recently. Thanks for reading!
That is so fantastic! Congratulations! Time and patience pays off:dance4::dance4:

Status
Not open for further replies.