• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Gender Reveal

Ludo

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Vanshika
Hey guys can you please tell me if my budgie is a boy or a girl. My breeder told me that it was a girl but I see some blue on her beak coming up but it also looks like purple. She’s been kissing my other budgie that’s her real sister since they have a common mother but I thought that its sibling love but it idk about its gender anymore. Please help
Also while you are at it can you confirm image.jpg image.jpg the gender of my other budgie too, its supposedly a girl
206D3678-74E8-4884-A31A-34EAD848165E.jpeg D83F05BF-2E26-4C38-B43C-C96F48992113.jpeg EC083044-DF8B-4F5F-A032-377D3E1D3ADB.jpeg

Last edited:

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
1st budgie is male (his cere will go a rich blue or violet). 2nd budgie is female (her cere will go brown).
Beak tapping and kissing is more about bonding in this case - its not always about breeding so don't worry. They're both too young for that anyway.

Last edited:

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
@Ripshod the budgie Guru:Sarahs:

I am horrible at sexing budgies lol!

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
They’re both beautiful, but I really love his colouring with the pale yellow face & contrasting indigo cheek patches!

Ludo

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Vanshika
1st budgie is male (his cere will go a rich blue or violet). 2nd budgie is female (her cere will go brown).
Beak tapping and kissing is more about bonding in this case - its not always about breeding so don't worry. They're both too young for that anyway.
Haha wow this is a shock! Just to confirm so the budgie that has purple cere right now is a male and the other one is a female?

Ludo

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Vanshika
They’re both beautiful, but I really love his colouring with the pale yellow face & contrasting indigo cheek patches!
I know it’s beautiful! Also just found out he’s a boy I guess. Do you think being siblings will make any difference in future when they can breed? Like do birds have those boundaries with siblings or they don’t know so they don’t care?

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Haha wow this is a shock! Just to confirm so the budgie that has purple cere right now is a male and the other one is a female?
Yes. He looks to be a clearflight pied, so his cere will be violet.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
photo 1 & 2 male.
Last 3 photos female

If they are siblings its best they not be allowed to breed due to increased chance of health problems.

Ludo

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Vanshika
photo 1 & 2 male.
Last 3 photos female

If they are siblings its best they not be allowed to breed due to increased chance of health problems.
They’re both 5 months its too early for breeding but how exactly do I stop them?

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
You really cant stop them from trying to breed if they are together but you could boil the eggs or take them away.

Its possible budgies could have eggs or breed at 6 months. Its not great for them & could affect the young females health.

Ludo

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Vanshika
You really cant stop them from trying to breed if they are together but you could boil the eggs or take them away.

Its possible budgies could have eggs or breed at 6 months. Its not great for them & could affect the young females health.
Wow its like a whole thing, I’ll try my best! Tysm!

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
They won’t refrain because they’re siblings. In nature they’d go off & find other budgies upon fledging. This won’t happen.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
They’re both 5 months its too early for breeding but how exactly do I stop them?
You can simply remove any eggs laid. It´s ok they mate, but just don´t forget to take the eggs if any are laid :)

Beautiful birds!

Ludo

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Vanshika
You can simply remove any eggs laid. It´s ok they mate, but just don´t forget to take the eggs if any are laid :)

Beautiful birds!
Great, thanks!!