• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Gender Biased?

aqualover9

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Adriana
I hope to get a tourquoise Linnie soon but is there one gender that’s better than the other?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I think @aqualover9 has decided to hold off on getting a bird until they're older and more independent.

TinyFeathers

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Yes thanks!
Generally for budgies, I found they were nearly the same.

But the Males seemed to like to sing more, and were a lot more active. While the females, were a bit quieter. But female can get egg problems, so that's something to consider, however it's less common in budgies than some species and not all become egg layers, still consider it. My females never even thought about having eggs, and I had them in pairs (1 male, 1 female)

Also, if you are thinking about whether or not your should get one or two, just think about how much time you will be able to spend with your bird/s. If your bird will be alone most of the day, consider getting two to keep them company, but if you get one, it may really come to love you.

aqualover9

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Adriana
Generally for budgies, I found they were nearly the same.

But the Males seemed to like to sing more, and were a lot more active. While the females, were a bit quieter. But female can get egg problems, so that's something to consider, however it's less common in budgies than some species and not all become egg layers, still consider it. My females never even thought about having eggs, and I had them in pairs (1 male, 1 female)

Also, if you are thinking about whether or not your should get one or two, just think about how much time you will be able to spend with your bird/s. If your bird will be alone most of the day, consider getting two to keep them company, but if you get one, it may really come to love you.

I think I’ll stick to one bird. I’m feeling lazy so here’s my background A New Idea Surfaced | Avian Avenue Parrot Forum
After what your insight, I would preferably want a male but if there are none that match my preferences on age, I am willing to get a female as well. Thanks for the info!