• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Gemma pics

MiniMacaw

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa
It’s been a while since I’ve posted anything on my tiniest flock member Gemma, so here are some random pics from yesterday and today. :)

She couldn’t hold herself up like this just a little while ago, so it was big moment. Her legs are getting stronger and stronger. (For those who don’t know she had two broken legs from the id bands being put on improperly and never received vet care until I got her later. So she has been in a smaller, softer cage until last week when the vet gave the go ahead to move her into a proper sized, much bigger cage.) 28378386-8A61-4783-86C2-B601AE0E51F2.jpeg
359C426E-3C0B-401C-B4B9-622783582428.jpeg

Here she is showing off her many pin feathers... 39EE595C-FABF-479E-A2E0-3EE67D9E5107.jpeg DC82F93A-11A3-4F21-81EC-9733EB3D6E5D.jpeg

Of course she likes to wear this hat as well... 39C25C00-5D3A-413D-AF9A-41B4279E1DD8.jpeg

And last but not least, she finally has an easy to use option for her drinking and bathing thanks to @JLcribber skills. She always had a hard time using any water dish because she couldn’t hold herself steady on or near them while drinking/bathing. She uses this one all the time to do both and has no trouble getting herself in and out or taking a quick sip of water. :swoon: EA2A004B-67CC-46D0-8DD9-92A9C5974821.jpeg 045F54EE-FAE3-4D00-924B-2353B3126EFD.jpeg

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
She's adorable. :heart:

Greylady1966

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Carol
Gemma is precious :heart:

MiniMacaw

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lisa

Aves

I love a good rescue story! She is so cute! And thanks to her wonderful owner @MiniMacaw, she looks so happy! :heart::xflove:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Awwww Love Gemma! She´s a little beauty!! Even when she is covered in pins :rolleyes: :swoon: :faint:

So nice to hear she was able to upgrade. I know it was a big day when I put my special needs girl into a flight cage for the first time. It´s remarkable how birds can heal and adapt :)

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
I love this feisty little nugget. She definitely looks like she's got a smile on that beak. :hug8:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Gemma, that hat looks fabulous with those pins, Darling! Don't let anyone tell you different!
4385.gif

She sure is pleased with her new bowl from @JLcribber! It's absolutely perfect for her big girl cage! :pinklol3:

alyssanor

Walking the driveway
Real Name
alyssa
It’s been a while since I’ve posted anything on my tiniest flock member Gemma, so here are some random pics from yesterday and today. :)

She couldn’t hold herself up like this just a little while ago, so it was big moment. Her legs are getting stronger and stronger. (For those who don’t know she had two broken legs from the id bands being put on improperly and never received vet care until I got her later. So she has been in a smaller, softer cage until last week when the vet gave the go ahead to move her into a proper sized, much bigger cage.) View attachment 364654
View attachment 364655

Here she is showing off her many pin feathers... View attachment 364656 View attachment 364657

Of course she likes to wear this hat as well... View attachment 364658

And last but not least, she finally has an easy to use option for her drinking and bathing thanks to @JLcribber skills. She always had a hard time using any water dish because she couldn’t hold herself steady on or near them while drinking/bathing. She uses this one all the time to do both and has no trouble getting herself in and out or taking a quick sip of water. :swoon: View attachment 364659 View attachment 364660
awww , what kind of bird is she

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez