• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Gemini's Story-a VERY Special Congo African Grey:)

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I :heart: Gemini

CeddysMum

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Astrid (formerly: 'featherbaby')
I am really in awe of your accomplishments with Gemini! It is such a touching story to read! :hug8:

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
Thank You:hug8:Wow-its been a few days:( I guess I better get chapter 8 up here:D

OK-NOW onto Chapter 8 But this is More of The story Of Stanley !
After I had talked to Stanley’s owner, I called My Friend(the one that had told him to call me) to get the rundown on this Guy and Stanley. It seems that He had been to 3 different Vets-they had given the Poor bird all kinds of blood tests and had ruled out all of the major disease’s that They were aware of(not really much at that time).They did find that his Calcium level was a tad low-but they did not think it could be a problem SO they just told him to give the bird a better diet and prescribed tranqulizers!!!!!!!WELL $500.00 dollars and several seizures later-He had heard about me. How could I say NO? He brought Stanley up that very night. The Poor Bird was very thin, weak and seemed dis-orientated I knew that he could not be put into a cage-he was actually to weak to perch-probably more from the Da- - drugsL . So I set him up in a Large Aquarium that I used as a Brooder when I had Lotsa babies. It had very low perches, and food and water on the floor. I let him settle in and eat while I got as much info as I could get from the owner-What was he feeding the bird, how often and for how long were the seizures, did any thing seem to trigger them etc etc etc! He said that the seizures were happening so often that he was keeping the poor bird in the bath-tub

After getting as much info as I could(along with the results of the vet tests) from him-I knew that Stanley was in fact suffering from Calcium deficient Seizures!

Not an hour after the guy left-Poor Stanley started to Seizure-OMG, His Fits were far more severe then Any that Gemini had ,and it seemed like they lasted longer. Poor Stanley barely had time to stand up and another seizure would start! What had I gotten my self into!!! As soon as he stopped I gave him a nice warm Hand feeding with a bit of Neo-calgluken(SP?) (liquid calcium)in it. With in an hour Stanley was actually on a perch-still weak but ON a Perch!!!!

He actually slept peacefully for a couple of hours----then the effects of the hand food must have worn out because he started to seizure over and over and over again. Again I hand fed him(quickly-before he could seizure again)-again he settled down after the feeding and slept! This went on ALL night. I believe that coming off the drugs was also a part of the seizures happening so often. In the morning(Thankfully after each hand feeding he would go longer and longer between fits)I gave him a Good Hand Feeding and Bowls full of all kinds of GOOD FOODS--Something that His owner had NOT doneL Again I was very Lucky because he was very eager to try new foods-And His First Chicken Bone--He Loved it! That Night was a Night I will Never forget, in addition to Stanley’s fits-MY GrizzleBird Plucked EVERY Feather on his Chest out, I believe because of hearing Stanley’s Seizures! Lord Have Mercy-He looked even more pitiful then Stanley! OK-Long story-short(HA-HA)Stanley Improved Dramatically every day-in 4 days He was able to be put into a Cage, he started to preen and even play a bit, on day 5 He was Talking, playing and acting Like a Normal Healthy Gray! SO-Seeing as I would be Going to NC the next week to help move My daughter down, I set up for Stanley’s Dad to come up for Lessons on how to take care of his Bird! I Gave Him all kinds of foods(even fruit and veggies-AND Hand Food formula) to take home with him. He Promised that He would Make sure that Stanley had a Proper diet and reluctantly I Watched him take Stanley home!

To be Continued-The Next Chapter will be Gemini’s trip to NC and lotsa other stuff!
Here is Stanley in a small travel cage after he improved so much:)

trout

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Bobby
thank you for the continued posting. :)

May I ask what happened to Stanley?

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
Bonnie remember your story of Stanley from the first time around and it certainly does not lose its impact reading it again. Stanley would not be here now, if you had not helped him.
think that was the road I was going down with Leroy had you not been on hand to help us also. Even with a good Avian Vet he did not have the answers and we were just getting worse, until our Bonnie came on the scene!
Cannot wait for your next installment Bonnie it still grips me. Why is it not in print yet? it should be and earning you some well earned money for your retirement!:hug8:

ncGreyBirdLady

Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
Gemini'sStory Chapter 9
There was quite a lot of things going on in My life through out the first year of Gemini’s life. In addition to My Daughter getting Married, Graduating from college and her decision to move to NC(More on that in a bit).

Gemini had opened a whole new world to Jamie and I. It did not take long for the word to get around and even the local Vets were telling people with bird problems to contact me. If nothing else-I could at least steer them to a Qualified Avian Vet! We were also contacted by local schools that wanted to know if We would come to the school’s and give an educational Bird show-Imagine that-well here are pics of Jamie and I-

We took her Cag Bam-Bam ,he is the one from the same breeder as Gemini,2 young Quaker’s and Rocky my very good talking Red Bellied Male! He astounded the kids when somebody sneezed and he said “Bless-You” .He also told them that “My name is Rocky” and “Rocky wants a Finger” The whole thing went really well considering that we were in front of the whole second grade- including the Teachers and even the Principle. I still have the scrap book that the children made for Us after the show. I will try to scan some of it and post it later!
Ok Now Sorry to get off the real story-Back to Gemini--Remember before I had mentioned that Nobody would dare to birdie sit for her,(Other then Jamie) so I knew that Gemini would have to go with Me when I helped to move Jamie to NC. Up till now-Gemini had only been in a car-coming home from the air-port and then from my apartment to My Moms house(5 miles) and I’m taking Her on a 1200 mile round trip! SO I bought a good strong, fair sized travel cage for her, set it all up with favorite toys and a t -perch on top, put it on the floor and let her play in and on it for the few days before the trip. Before the trip, I had talked to Stanley’s Dad and Stanley was doing OK(Whew)SO We pack up the caravan(2 trucks-a car and My Van-I was carrying all the precious cargo-Gemini-strapped into the Passenger seat-Bam-Bam, 2 dogs and a Cat(in a carrier)WELL Danged if Gemini didn’t turn out to be one of the best travel companions I have ever had the pleasure of! She would make a siren noise if a big truck came up along side Us. She would tell the Other critters to “Shush Its OK” if they even made a sound(LOL)But what fascinated Me was if I knew that we were coming up to some rough traffic or bumpy road I would tell her “Ok Gemini Hang On” and she would Have one foot on the perch, grab the side of the cage with the other foot and the front or top of the cage with her beak and stay that way until I told her “Ok Gemini You can relax now” Then she would settle back onto the perch. What a Great little traveler she was!

When we stayed at a Motel, or when we got to Jamie’s place She would come right on out of the cage, get on top and talk, talk, talk. For being Such a Special Fid, I would have to say that she Has been and Probably always will be The Most Stable fid in the Flock! The ONLY thing that Really scares her is Boxes-any kind or size of card board box seems to terrify her. I have to think that its because she remembered being closed into a box for shipping.L That trip was one of Many that Gemini made back and forth with Me until I Myself moved to NC. Here is Gemini showing that a Lil old Quaker aint no match for Her!

I had been back for about a week and Stanley’s Dad called saying that Stanley was acting like he did before he started to have seizures. I decided that I personally wanted to check out Stanley’s living conditions (and not stress Stanley with moving him again if it could be prevented) SO I got directions to his house, packed up some good foods, hand food, syringes and headed to His house!

To be continued!

hoose

Moving in
Yes Gemini is vary special, but so are you for not giveing up. I`am new on the road and I well enjoy the rest of Gemini`s and your story.:hug8: Hoose

CeddysMum

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Astrid (formerly: 'featherbaby')
Oh Bonnie, I'm just finally able to catch up! It just continues to be such an inspiring story! Thank you so much for all you've done :hug8:I can't wait for the next chapter!!!

ncGreyBirdLady

Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
Thanks again for Your kind words:hug8:I guess I had better get the next Chapter up-before Ya all forget;)

OK-Chapter10 The REST of The Stanley Story!

To say that I was appalled at Stanley’s living conditions would be to make the under statement of the year! He had a large enough cage-but not enough toys(for a Bird as Intelligent as He) He did not have cuttle-bone and mineral block-which I had given him to put into the cage when he had come to take him home, and He had nothing but SEED in his feed dish’s!!!!! I saw NO extra dishes for the fruits/veggies/beans etc that I had told him were crucial to Stanley’s well being(Lord help me- I wanted to DECK this MAN)!!!)I asked him if he had at least been giving Stanley the hand-food(which I had supplied him with enough for several weeks in addition to the syringes, nolvason for soaking them in and all the other foods etc at NO cost to him).WELL The syringes were SO filthy and NOT useable, I threw them away. I’m glad I had the for-sight to bring new ones with me!OK-So I fix up some hand food and give Stanley a good feeding--ALL THE WHILE-Trying to talk this MAN into letting Me take Stanley off his hands! He is obviously not capable of caring for this Bird!!!! Now this man has a Limo service and a power wash business so he is by NO means hurting for money, AND I really did not expect for him to just give ME the bird. But I also did not expect his reaction of “GEE I paid X amount for him and over $500 in vet bills so I need to get X amount for him!” “HOLY-CraP”-Here I have out of the goodness of my Heart been Treating this poor bird-Giving him everything he needs to keep him Happy and Healthy and He came out with THAT@##%^*((%$-Sorry I try Not to swearL There was NO way that I could buy Stanley from him! OK-so Stanley is OK for now-He has everything He needs(I put the cuttle-bone and mineral block into his cage)and I left enough New Good foods etc to last the week! And again I have Stanley’s Dads absolute promise that He will indeed try harder to give Stanley the proper care! So I leave Him there! ALL seemed well for about a month-Then I get a panicky call that Stanley is having seizures yet again-Can he bring him up? Stanley stayed with me for almost 3 weeks this time--OH He was Much better with-in days-I just did not want to let him go back. Again I tried My darndest to get him to Let Stanley be affordable to me-OR to accept some kind of payment arrangement! But it seemed that each time he took him back and SAW him Happy, Healthy, Talking and Playful he was more determined to keep himL Mean while I’m getting ready for another trip to NC to visit My Daughter(the trip would cost less then My phone bill-LOL) My Mom, Gemini and I made the trip and wouldn’t ya know-We were there for a week But when We left-We were set up for the closing on a House a month later.(5 miles from Jamie) I rekon it was meant to be! OK-That month fly’s by(packing-packing and More packing. Even though the closing was in October-we would be renting the house back to them until May(gave them time to build their house and Me more time to go through and pack 70 years of My Mothers stuff and 40 years of mineL !!! Stanley came to stay with me twice more before I moved away from NY, The last time for a month(actually up until 4 days before I left)! I had been constantly trying to convince Stanley’s Dad to let me Take him-to no availL Trust me It was ALL I could do to let him take that Dear Sweet Bird away from Me yet again for God knows what kind of future! I did fill My Friend(who had referred him to me) in on everything that Stanley needed and She assured Me that He(the Dad) could come to Her for everything that I had been supplying to him for Stanley.(By now she had set up a Breeding facility and small supply store(and I Helped-LOL)I trusted Her to be able to Help Stanley if she was needed and I could only Pray That Dear old DAD would go to her! All went well for a couple of years(she did have to help him out a couple of times)-OH How I hated that MAN. Then due to life changes -She moved and I lost track of her. It was a few years later that I found out what I so did NOT want to hear-That Stanley had flown over the Rain-bow Bridge- I wish that this part of the story could have had a Happy ending and I consider telling Stanley’s story as My Tribute to HIM-He was a Great little bird, with a Great big heart and strong will to live. MY Regret-That I did not just give the jerk the wrong info about my leaving town(Like that it would be a month or so later) And Had just Brought Stanley here with me!

Fly Free, without Pain and Suffering Sweet Stanley-I will always Remember and Love YOU!
I still cry every time I think about Stanley:(
Seeing as how the last chapter was really quite sad, I decided to really lighten it up a Bit with one of My favorite Gemini’izims!
Check back Soon:hug8:

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Lovin your story...poor Stanley, at least hes free from that man. You did what you could and thank you for helping him. Lookin forward to the rest of your Gemini adventures.:heart:

ncGreyBirdLady

Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
Lord,it has been awhile since I have added a chapter to Gemini's story;)So I guess I had better get on it:)
Chapter 11-Gemini’s Story !

I had mentioned previously that Gemini loved to stand at the top of the stairs and Talk-especially if I was down stairs to carry on a conversation with her. I have to also Mention that Gemini seemed to know everyone that came into contact with her BY Name and she Imitated Every-one’s voices (rather well I might add) . This is one of the top of the stairs episodes that I will Never forget-neither will any of the others that were there(LOL).

WELL one day My employers (whom I had introduced into the wonder full world of being owned by Fids-they had some of My hand raised cockatiels),My Mom and I were visiting down stairs. Soon we heard “Whad-YA SAY?” coming from the top of the stairs. Sharon and Bill had never really heard Gemini go through her spiel -SO I was happy to oblige. It went like this-Me- “whad-ya say”

Gemini “I said I love You”

Me- “I Love You to”

Gemini- “I Love YOU SOOOO MUCHHH”

Me- “ I Love You More”

Gemini- “Mommy’s Sweet Baby Grey”

Me- “Yes You ARE!”

Well They got a Kick out of this-but for some reason,(Yea I guess I was being a Proud mama and showing her off )but I decided to try something different. guess I thought I would test her recognition

--The results FAR surpassed anything I ever could have imagined(My Regret-I don’t have it on tape)(now keep in mind about her knowing everybody by name and using their voices)

ME-”Mommy”

Gemini- “I Love YOU”

Me- “Jamie”

Gemini- “Hi Gemini-how are You”

Me- “Mom”

Gemini- “Hi Sweetie”

Me- “Bill”

Gemini- “HI GUYS-HI GEMINI”

By now we are laughing so hard I can hardly talk-But I have one more to try with her---and that is My Significant others name---are Ya all ready for this?

Me- “Todd”

Gemini “Will you shut up!” OMG Sharon was literally ON the Floor she was laughing SO HARD-and what made it even funnier is That Todd walked in while we were all still cracking Up-Not knowing what a Little Birdie had told US about what HE says to the Fids when Mommy is Not around!!!!! It took all of Us quite awhile to stop laughing and explain to him what had transpired--Can YOU Imagine HIS Embarrassment -Ya Gotta Love Grey! To be Continued!

Thanks again For takeing the time to read all of this and for all your kind comments! Bonnie

ncGreyBirdLady

Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
Moving right along!
Gemini’s Story-Chapter 12 -

Gemini will be 16 this July and not a day goes by that I don’t Thank My lucky stars For having Her in my life, but also wonder and worry about the day That I loose her. The older she gets is like a double edge sword-I worry less because she has not had a seizure in 15 years, she has great feathering/weight/ is Happy and Healthy-On the outside. Its what is going on inside that concerns Me! If she were to actually get broody and start to lay eggs-Lord have Mercy-I don’t know if her body could take That kind of calcium strain. Also I know that birds can and Do get arthritis- what if She gets it in her neck--Worry- worry -worry !All of You know just how much a part of your family these Fids become, as a matter of fact- My daughter and I joke about just what was life before Fids? Gemini probably put Me through as many trying times in the past 15 years as any human child would have-BUT She also has brought Me as much Joy and laughter ! I have had many discussions with people about whether a bird just mimics or actually Knows what they are saying. I sure have some Gemini’isms that to Me prove they not only KNOW what they are saying--But they show and say emotion and a Very GOOD Sense of Humor! There is another thread that mentions how the Fid will ask for a kiss or a scratch(Gemini will ask “Mommy Scratch Your Head?” ) and bite me if I try to then laugh or say “Don’t YOU Bite Mommy” in her sternest little voice.

One time She was out on an outside the cage perch playing with a toy(I actually have this on video), well she was getting a bit rough and the toy swung up and hit her-she let go of it and said- “OWWW Don’t you bite me”

Or asking the Quaker “You OK Baby huh You OK” after pushing him off the perch and onto the floor. Gemini has always been the Mother Hen, asking Babies- “You Hungry huh you hungry-it’s good” She is the first to reassure the others if something spooks them-with “Its OK, Its OK” Or she is the first to tell the others to “Knock it off” or “You be Quiet” or “will You shut up” Oh another thing about having Her and GrizzleBird in MY Bedroom--They both started to groan when they stretched in the morning. Remember in the Last chapter-I mentioned Todd- well he really did love the Fids-BUT he developed bronchitis one time and had THE worst cough I have ever heard--That is until Gemini started to do it-OMG I thought I would die laughing--Todd did not think it was funny
L ---SO I think in order to make amends with Todd-Gemini would start to say “BAD Cough-You OK Baby?” when He would have a Coughing fit and would only do HIS cough when he was not there(Smart Bird)! Gemini could also be called a Stool Pigeon-so to speak(LOL) My Mom could not leave the house( while I was out at work) without My knowing it. Mom had a little yappie type dog that yapped the whole time that she would be gone. Well, when I would get home from work and go upstairs to see the Fids-Gemini would start Yapping-just like the dog. Later I would go down stairs and ask Mom where she went- “how do You know I went out?” she would ask(Tee-Hee) “A Little Bird Told Me” was my reply! In the next Chapter we will be Moving to North Carolina! What a trip that was!!!!! Bonnie
Lets just finish up now!

Gemini’s Story-Chapter 14

AH-the trip to NC-actually I moved My Mom the flock, cat, dog and myself down in 2 trips all within 4 days. My sister and I made a trip down with my van slam full of the Birds (in travel cages-on top of their regular cages-broken down)Gemini had to give up her normal co-pilots seat to my sister, but she was right between Us(captain seats).We had packed a cooler full of water, fruits, veggies and special treats and stopped often to allow all the fids time to eat etc. Gemini would let Us know when it was time for a stop-Either by saying “Bombs Away” meaning potty time or “Yum Yum Yummy” time to eat . The etc-is the fact that one of the few tiels that I had decided to bring with me actually laid an egg during the tripJ Gemini was her usual blabber beak self-now she not only did the siren when a big truck came along side Us but when we went through the tunnel! Donna(sister had not heard her do it before and cracked up).All of the birds were really wonderful on the trip, I had covered the back and sides of all the cages so they could see just Us and not the scary stuff outside. .There was a lot of talking and singing going on in that van. It took Us 14 hours to make the 660 mile trip. My Daughter and her husband met us at the house to unload and set up the fids. Its funny how we were all so concerned about making sure that the Fids had a safe trip and were set up and Happy-that We did not even think about US! We had to sleep on the floor with some pillows and blankets that my daughter brought overJ .Next day-back to NY-Gemini with Us, my daughter watching the flock till I got back 2 days later with Mom, Gemini, the cat, dog, 40 some years of my junk and 70 of MomsL Whew-I aint gonna do THAT again in this lifetime! LOL! Lordy how the Fids loved the new set-up. The breeders had their own spacious room with heat and air and the Pet Fids had a room that I put a screen door on so that their cage doors were always open.

Gemini was starting to get a bit less comfortable around the other fids, it seemed the older Grizz got the less Gemini liked himL , so she did not come out of her cage much. She would tell GrizzleBird to “Get I’m gonna Squirt You” if he tried to invade her space.

Gemini has taught me so much, not just from the research that I had to do-AND continue to do(I don’t believe You can ever know enough)but from the day to day fact that She has survived and Thrived and continues to do so. I hear Parront’s talk a lot about how clumsy their Grey’s are Gemini Honestly was Never clumsy-she was very careful and determined to get where she wanted to go. Only once has she ever fallen off her perch and that WAS a RIOT-I swear You could not have scripted this better---Gemini was playing in her cage and the new BF walked by her cage and broke wind---LOUDLY-WELL Gemini fell off the perch as if she had been shot ! ! ! ! She did the Birdie Shake down climbed back up to her perch and said “****” God I Love That Bird!!!!! To Be Continued! Bonnie

Gemini’s Story- Chapter 15

As I have said before in a previous chapter- Gemini was not afraid of much-but she did Not like Grizzlebird. One day Her and Grizz got into a beak to beak match and Gemini lost(it happened the day before I was to take My Mom to NY for the summer)Gemini was not badly hurt-but her beak and tongue were bleeding! OMG-Have You ever had to try to stop that kind of bleeding in a bird that will allow You to handle them-let alone one that will NOT!!!I had to towel her(which she actually liked
J ) and hold her on My chest-me lying down on the couch-ALL Night-just to get her calm enough and still enough to allow the bleeding to stop. I would get up every 2 hours and give her warm K-T hand-food to keep her strength up and keep her hydrated. Lord that was a Very long night. The bleeding had stopped but not before it had left her very weak and almost in shock. SO-The travel cage for Her trip to NY had to be turned into a Hospital cage of sorts. Thankfully I had a converter for the car(for transporting babies) so Gemini’s cage was fitted with a heating pad and blanket. I started to give her pedialite in addition to the Hand-food. I think I was more scared of loosing her through-out that episode then at any other time in her life. I would stop(during the trip to NY-which could NOT be put off) every 4 hours to hand feed her. She ate really well and did start to act a bit better but it was a good 3 days before she actually climbed up onto her perch and asked for “Yum-Yum-Yummy’s”

The trip back to NC was a FAR better trip then the one to NY was
J . Gemini was back to herself-although her mouth was still very tender. She would eat her warm bean/rice/fruit/veggie mix real good-but SHE still wanted hand-food--and of course anything the Grand Madam Gemini wanted You get bet-She got it!

All was well after that episode-Grizzlebird seemed to know that I would kick his lil red butt if he bothered Gemini again so He kept his distance. But The 2 of them started a verbal banter that has continued through out the years. It would go something like this

Grizz- “Birds cant Talk”

Gemini -“I can talk can You fly?”

Grizz- “Dumb bird got NO brains”

Gemini- “NO Brains at all”

Grizz- “Help-help let me OUT”

Gemini- “Call a Lawyer”

They just go round and round-it really is funny. The funniest time between the 2 of them though was one day the Grizz was trying to catch a bug that was flying between the 2 panes of glass in the window, Well-he went up one side of the cage, down the other back and forth on top for a good 5 minutes trying to catch that bug. Finally he got frustrated-got stood on top of the cage stomped his little feet and said “****”(I guess I must use that word to often
L ) Well Gemini looked up at Grizz and said-”GrizzleBird Your BAD”.

It was soon after that when Gemini started saying in the gruffest voice she could Muster “Grizzle Grizzle GrizzleBird- It’s The Devil” She also started saying quite often “Why are You UP-SIDE DOWN” AND THE Grizz would reply with “Why are You up-down” Remember when I mentioned the BF that broke wind and knocked poor Gemini off her perch--well I don’t know where she got it from
J but she started saying “Gene’s a Jerk” and with that Grizzlebird would answer back with “Mener-Mener- Mener Peckerheads” SO If anybody out there does not believe that their Fids are listening at all times-take heed-THEY ARE and they have excellent hearing!

Since moving from NY to NC, Gemini has started using the time when Mommy is cleaning Her cage to do Her special talk to me that she used to do from the top of the stairs. As soon as I start to clean in or around her cage, she starts with “ I Love You” I answer- “I Love You too” she says- Whad-Ya say?” I say “I love You” she says “I Love You so Much!” I say Your Mommy’s sweet baby Grey” she says “Mommy’s sweet Baby Grey!” Then she starts in with some of the things that she can say that she knows are My very favorites-such as “ Silly Goose” or “Your LOONEY” or the ever favorite “Bombs away-phafftttt” Got to Love Her!

Yes life with Gemini has been both a challenge and a JOY-and I would NOT give up a moment of it ! Gemini not only opened up My Heart and My Eyes to the many Joys of being a Parront but I believe that She opened the doors of a future for Me that with-out the learning involved in being her Parront would have other-wise not been available to me.

Gemini is 15 now and I think this being the 15th chapter is a good time to bring this story to a close (for now).Maybe in another year or 2 an up date would be in the works
J BUT for NOW I promised You a very exciting bit of News !!!!!!! WELL I have mentioned that Gemini does NOT allow Me or anyone else to scratch/pet/rub her in any way-She will allow Me to pick her up off the floor-then bite My arm as I take her back to her cage L The other day, Gemini was perched on the edge of her cage and she starting saying “Mommy scratch your head-feels SO good” so I thought what the heck-if I get bit it wont be the first or the last time-so I held my hand up to her beak-OMG-She started to rub my fingers and mouth them and push her Dear Sweet little head into my hand for scratches(I cant help it-I’m tearing up yet again as I write this) with tears sliding down my face I was actually rubbing GEMINI and scratching her head and under her wings and her back! You can just imagine how GOOD it felt to actually touch the Special Bird that has so Touched My Life! I hope that Her story has touched Your Lives as well ! As Gemini would say at this time-”Bye-Bye See You Later-You be Good!” “I Love You”

It has been 4 years since I wrote this-Gemini is 19 years old now and still The Joy of My Life:hug8:
This Pic is taken On the day after Christmas 09

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What a beautiful story! Gemini is a very special bird. Her antics had me laughing. What a special feeling to be able to scritch her all over. It took me 6 years to pet my CAG, Dexter. It also brought tears to my eyes. It's always on their terms, with greys. I wouldn't have it any other way. I hope Gemini continues to brighten you life for many more years to come. You are a wonderful Parront!

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
I had never heard the story of Gemini but I am glad that I was able to hear it. That was sonderful that she let you pet her again :)

Parrotlove

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Barbie
Miss Bonnie It really gets you in the heart!!! And omg soo cracking up over the convos.. Hug's to that baby and to the wonderful loveing mom you are to them all. Hug's Barbie and Isis

ncGreyBirdLady

Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
I always cry at the end of this
Have you been able to pet Gemini again?
YES-The Grand Madame allows her lowly servant the pleasure of Head rubs and scritches at least once or twice a week now:)Every day she asks for "Mommy Scratch yer head"BUT If She is feeling frisky:hehe:She will bite at Me-then admonish herself with"Don't You bite Mommy"If its at all possible,I love Her more every day:heart::hug8:

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
Then I shouldn't cry, because I always think that was the last time you pet her
:faint:

Evelyn

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Evelyn
Thanks for Gemini's story, I am suppose to be taking a bath right now and started reading and could not stop till the end, what a very special and lucky bird Gemini is..:heart::hug8: