• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Gemini's Story-a VERY Special Congo African Grey:)

Ranyart

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pennie
Way awesome tale of Gemini - you really should make it a short story or even a short book. Kids book? about the trials and tribulations of 'being different'? Thanks for the great morning read.

Mystics Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya
oh my goodness just read the story of Gemini...it was FANTASTIC what an insperation..(she reminds me of my Richie) LOVE you Gemini

luvsgreys

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Stephanie
I really enjoyed reading Gemini's story! She is a beautiful bird and what a special story! :hug8:

Mystics Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya
Way awesome tale of Gemini - you really should make it a short story or even a short book. Kids book? about the trials and tribulations of 'being different'? Thanks for the great morning read.
you REALLY REALLY REALLY write a book for Gemini..it would be fantastic I WILL BUY A SIGNED COPY(by Gemini of course) Thanks for sharing with us

Chewy

Real Name
Erin
Wow!!!! That is a awesome story. Ia m so glad that she has you!!! Andyou have her.

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
Gemini is one very special baby and was so lucky to have found our Bonnie who has done an awsome job with caring for her and all of her birds.
Her story is so humorous and sad in parts it could teach us a thing or two. What has always struck me is the birds just get on with their lot and never feel sorry for themselves at being so different and finding life a little more of a struggle. I loved the bit where she said to a visitor to Bonnie "what you doing upside down?" In other words her world was OK!:rofl:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
every single time I read this story, I cry...Gemini is an inspiration...and you are too my dear.:hug8:

Meeting neighbors
I should be sleeping but I started reading and couldnt stop!
:(I cried :DI laughed & :(I cried some more. What an amazing story and what a lucky, lucky Gemeni to have such an incredible mom!
:yourock:

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
i want to say thank you for sharing such a wonderfull life as for do they know what they say i say yes mango sat on my shoulder one day looking at me said i love you i turned and looked at him and said momma loves you to he bent over and kissed me i cryed for it was then i relised he understood every thing .
i also feel as you do what did i do with my life befor i had him such a waist it was , this apt isnt mine its mangos he just keeps me around to
pick up after him and clean , people say im crazy alowing a bird to take over apt but they sure dont know the enjoyment he has brought in to my life .
im realy billie fayeking posted this on facebook as i would have missed one of the greatest stories ever told
again thanks for sharing and praying theres another 50 chapters to come
GOD BLESS YOU HOME

Becca0406

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Rebecca
Bonnie ~ I have never heard Gemini's story but it's 9:46 PM on AZ and I am glued to my couch and my latptop. Had to tell hubby to go to bed with out me as I have to keep reading. You are such an inspiration to new bird owners or those like me who have after 15 years started up again with larger birds. We just got our Pied CAG a couple weeks ago and am grateful to be reading about your Gemini ~ THANK YOU Ready for Chapter 5.

chief5feathers

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Lisa
Thanks so much for posting Gemini's story! I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. You are a wonderful mom, and both you and Gemini are an inspiration!!! I couldn't stop reading until I read every chapter, except when you said what issue of Bird Talk Gemini's story was in. I recently found a stack of old issues of Bird Talk in storage, and they're now in the garage. When I read what issue, I jumped up and ran to the garage to see if I had that one, but the oldest one was from 1994. Unfortunately, I didn't have Gemini's issue, so I hurried back inside anxious to read the rest of her story. What an amazing, inspriring story! Thanks again for posting it!!!

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I just finished reading Gemini's story. thank you so much I loved reading all about her.You sure are a great wpman for caring for her like you did and educating so many others.I can't wait to see and hear more about Gemini as time goes on.

Tielygirl

Avenue Veteran
:) That was by far the best bird story I have ever read! It should definatly be published as a book in full detail! I know I would buy it. And NO you are not boring us with every little detail, I love it all! :)

I do have one question though. What happened to your grey (I believe grizzle bird) who plucked himself clean after you brought Stanly home the first time? Did the feathers grow back, or did he keep plucking, etc?
I also am wondering if the same thing could be going on with my Tiels shadow- she doesnt have seizures but she plucks and she came from a less-than-ok breeder. I guess it never hurts to try right?

THANK you for such a wonderful story and doing what you did. :heart:

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
Thanks again everyone for reading Our story and for Your kind comments.to answer Your question"What happened to your grey (I believe grizzle bird) who plucked himself clean " All of his feathers grew back and He never plucked again until a few years ago:( Now just about the same time each Year(hormones) He plucks out his neck feathers:(-They grow back PINK and being the Macho Guy that He is-I think He pulls them out to NOT Look Feminine:hehe:
Here is the Grizz-You can see the offending feathers:lol:

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
Thanks Anne,that Pic just really shows his personality:D

crzybrdldy

Real Name
Patty
I like the way he is looking into the camera, as if to say " hey baby what are you doing tonight?"

HeatherM74

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Heather
I just sniffled and giggled my way through Gemini's story. Thank you so much for posting it! I loved reading it! What an inspiration you both are!