• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Geeze Budgies are SO weird!

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Okay... over FIVE (5) years ago, when I got Fergus and Fiona they have always had one of those ceramic crock feeders in the bottom of their cage. It is filled with pellets - Zupreem fruity ones. NEVER in their entire lives have they touched, gotten close to, or paid ANY attention to this crock full of pellets. It seemed perfectly invisible to them both. I just kept it in there because Lord forbid if I died and no one knew, it might keep them alive a bit longer til someone rescued them.

Today - TODAY Fiona was hanging off the bottom perch tilting forward so much is why I'm calling it hanging, to reach that dang crock of pellets and she was EATING THEM!!! What in the world???!!!

Anyhow - I said all that to say - GEEEEEEE Budgies are WEIRD!!! :rofl: :heart2: :rofl:

Tara81

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tara
they really are! My Winston won’t touch the healthy stuff unless it’s in Oliver’s bowl!
Haha my Pinto (rip) would try to knock over the food dish my other budgie Ponchi (rip) was eating from, I had to provide more secure food bowls after he kept knocking them over with Poncho on it!

Poncho wouldn’t eat healthy stuff until Pinto was eating it also! And when I would give them a nice big kale leaf, when Pinto would try to eat it, Poncho would drive him away to take a leaf bath first. If poncho really liked something, Pinto would have to wait, so I always tried to give them two millet stick treats when I was feeling generous

Ivan.Vanca

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Ivan Vanca
Scorpio, can I have an email on you, please?