• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures GCC's beak

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
Awww looks just like my Ta-dah!

Beak peel flake is normal.
But you will see way less if improving diet, and offer baths. Foods rich in vitamin A will help as possible a little more fats in the diet. What does she eat?

peaches13

Strolling the yard
Awww looks just like my Ta-dah!

Beak peel flake is normal.
But you will see way less if improving diet, and offer baths. Foods rich in vitamin A will help as possible a little more fats in the diet. What does she eat?
Thank you!
I feed my bird "Roudybush Maintenance mini pellets Bird food" and some seeds from the bird store gave me when I adopted Mona. I got Mona last month so we still to know each other. I feed some veggies and fruit some night. Mona's favorite fruit is blueberry and her favorite vegetables are corn, carrot, green bean, and broccoli. Yesterday, I ordered cuttlebone because probably she lacks Calcium..?
I am trying to best for her... :o:

CrazyKozmo

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rebecca
Cute bird! She probably doesn't need cuttlebone. Maybe a good calcium supplement a few times a week; I use UnRuffledRx calcium, magnesium, and vitamin D on my female birds 3 times per week. I'm almost sure that Roudybush pellets have calcium added.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Her beak looks fine aside the normal growth of keratin towards the tip being a little unevenand chipped appeance. Beaks grow from the the top of the base nearest the face ( next to the cere) down towards the tip like our fingernails do. I would ditch the cuttlebone ( my personal dislike for them since they can harbor bacteria if they get wet or food on them) if her diet is varied well and she eats a good portion of pellets daily( formulated to give her what she needs). More healthy vegetables and less fruits. A couple of perches ( in addition to other natural perches) that have a smooth top and pumice sides would be beneficial for her feet and give her a surface to rub her beak on after meals. I like the safety pumice perch.

peaches13

Strolling the yard
Cute bird! She probably doesn't need cuttlebone. Maybe a good calcium supplement a few times a week; I use UnRuffledRx calcium, magnesium, and vitamin D on my female birds 3 times per week. I'm almost sure that Roudybush pellets have calcium added.
Thank you for your reply and I will buy soon the product for my bird!

peaches13

Strolling the yard
Her beak looks fine aside the normal growth of keratin towards the tip being a little unevenand chipped appeance. Beaks grow from the the top of the base nearest the face ( next to the cere) down towards the tip like our fingernails do. I would ditch the cuttlebone ( my personal dislike for them since they can harbor bacteria if they get wet or food on them) if her diet is varied well and she eats a good portion of pellets daily( formulated to give her what she needs). More healthy vegetables and less fruits. A couple of perches ( in addition to other natural perches) that have a smooth top and pumice sides would be beneficial for her feet and give her a surface to rub her beak on after meals. I like the safety pumice perch.
Thank you for your advice! My bird needs a natural perch to trim her beak.
Also, I am thinking about natural flat perch for my bird feet. Is that a good choice to buy for my bird? she has some perch and toys in her cages.

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
Thank you!
I feed my bird "Roudybush Maintenance mini pellets Bird food" and some seeds from the bird store gave me when I adopted Mona. I got Mona last month so we still to know each other. I feed some veggies and fruit some night. Mona's favorite fruit is blueberry and her favorite vegetables are corn, carrot, green bean, and broccoli. Yesterday, I ordered cuttlebone because probably she lacks Calcium..?
I am trying to best for her... :o:
Great do far! Peppers are a great source if vitamin A , most take to bell pepper easy, yellow is favorite here. Romaine lettuce actually has a good amount of vitamin A, cooked sweet potatoes are a great source and a little mashed up served warm is often considered yummy by many, cooking carrots also increases uptake, cooked butternut squash, cooked pumpkin.

Broccoli has calcium. But its not advised to feed Broccoli every day as it has

peaches13

Strolling the yard
Great do far! Peppers are a great source if vitamin A , most take to bell pepper easy, yellow is favorite here. Romaine lettuce actually has a good amount of vitamin A, cooked sweet potatoes are a great source and a little mashed up served warm is often considered yummy by many, cooking carrots also increases uptake, cooked butternut squash, cooked pumpkin.

Broccoli has calcium. But its not advised to feed Broccoli every day as it has
Oh, I will try those vegetables for my bird!
Is grape good to eat the bird? Because I heard grape is not safe to dog or cat..

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
Grape is a lot of sugar and not a lot of nutrition. So I only give as a very rare treat .
Cranberry is in season and I wash and seve a few and they are a hit. Some antioxidants, the sugar is balanced with fiber.

Last edited:

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
You can check out this thread of many different parrots Enjoying their veggies and chop.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Also, I am thinking about natural flat perch for my bird feet. Is that a good choice to buy for my bird? she has some perch and toys in her cages.
This is the safety pumice perch I was referring to. Hopefully I copied and pasted the link to to small size. They have all sizes. I would suggest a small and extra small size for your bird. I came across this site last night looking for this perch for my amazons ( I already have them for all my conures). They offer FREE shipping with a 25.00 purchase. I put two of the large in my cart last night but didn’t pay yet and got a reminder today to finish my purchase and they added a 15% coupon code in the email (lovemybirds) …. Not only were my perches on sale I got an additional 15% off and freeshipping!!!! For just under 40.00 I bought two nice perches for my biggies. Check them out-

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
yes.. a flat ( platform) perch is nice for them too. Some of the vendors here sell them.

peaches13

Strolling the yard
Grape is a lot of sugar and not a lot of nutrition. So I only give as a very rare treat .
Cranberry is in season and I wash and seve a few and they are a hit. Some antioxidants, the sugar is balanced with fiber.
Ohh okay that is good information to me!

peaches13

Strolling the yard
This is the safety pumice perch I was referring to. Hopefully I copied and pasted the link to to small size. They have all sizes. I would suggest a small and extra small size for your bird. I came across this site last night looking for this perch for my amazons ( I already have them for all my conures). They offer FREE shipping with a 25.00 purchase. I put two of the large in my cart last night but didn’t pay yet and got a reminder today to finish my purchase and they added a 15% coupon code in the email (lovemybirds) …. Not only were my perches on sale I got an additional 15% off and freeshipping!!!! For just under 40.00 I bought two nice perches for my biggies. Check them out-
Thank you for detail because sometimes I order wrong size (haha). I bought some natural perch to my bird and I will add this on my shopping cart list.