• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

GCC splits without history

MamaBoss

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Ellie Blake
I have 3 GCC conures, my 2 hens are yellow sided and pineapple visually, my male is professed to be a "dilute pineapple" is there a test, something observable to determine what they are split for if there are splits? My yellow sided female appears to have turquoise that peaks through around her head and back, with an almost turquoise sheen across her green wing feathers. My female pineapple looks more dilute than other pineapples I have seen. And my male pineapple looks like a dilute from behind, but from the front almost like a suncheek with the red fading to faint orange al the way to the bottom of his beak. I eventually want to breed them and am hopeful I stumbled into a high chance of suncheeks and mooncheeks. I also think I may try to get a cinnamint male too. Any thoughts? If pictures would help I can get some better lit ones and attach them.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I think breeders would love the ability to have a test to see if a bird is split to anything! As far as I am aware, breeding them is the way to know.

MamaBoss

Real Name
Ellie Blake
I think breeders would love the ability to have a test to see if a bird is split to anything! As far as I am aware, breeding them is the way to know.
That is what I've found so far. It would be great if there was a breeder registry that at least said what banded or chipped babies parents are. It would really help.

MamaBoss

Real Name
Ellie Blake
I have 3 GCC conures, my 2 hens are yellow sided and pineapple visually, my male is professed to be a "dilute pineapple" is there a test, something observable to determine what they are split for if there are splits? My yellow sided female appears to have turquoise that peaks through around her head and back, with an almost turquoise sheen across her green wing feathers. My female pineapple looks more dilute than other pineapples I have seen. And my male pineapple looks like a dilute from behind, but from the front almost like a suncheek with the red fading to faint orange al the way to the bottom of his beak. I eventually want to breed them and am hopeful I stumbled into a high chance of suncheeks and mooncheeks. I also think I may try to get a cinnamint male too. Any thoughts? If pictures would help I can get some better lit ones and attach them.
But with what I have visually, how would I be able to identify splits from their offspring?