• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

GCC Mutations

Haven

Moving in
Real Name
Serra
So my conures just had a clutch of 4 babies and i'd like someone to give me a ruff idea of what there mutations might be, I'm pretty good with cockatiel mutations which is what i normally breed so i know the main basics of mutations.

Mother is a Cinnamon not sure of splits Mother.jpg
Father is a Normal not sure of splits Father.jpg

If you can see any signs of them being split to anything do tell. :)

So if each them had no splits i'm guessing all the female babies would be normal and all of the male babies would be cinnamon, but for example if the father was split to lets say pineapple could they have pineapple babies or do you need both parents to be either pineapple or split to have pineapple babies. Sorry for such a long question but i'd like to get more knowledge on conure mutations.

Oh i also know that normal's tend to have black feet/beaks and cinnamon's have lighter feet/beaks. All of the babies as of now have dark feet, will that change as they feather out? Or is it a indicator that they are all normal.

Thank you everyone :hug8:

Here is the picture of the babies. :heart:

unnamed (3).jpg

greencheekchick

Meeting neighbors
I'm not an expert on this either but my pair (same parent mutations) gave me both male and female normal babies.
From what I understand from my research is that only males can be split to anything. So if your male is split to say yellowsided then you could get both normal and yellowsided babies.
This page on feathert.com is very helpful and shows verious outcomes: Green-Cheeked Conure mutation colors prediction tables by The Feather Tree/ Steve Garvin