• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

GCC insists on bathing on Saturday?

Mintforest

Meeting neighbors
Just found this really bizarre and interesting but my little gcc has a habit of bathing on Saturdays and only Saturdays. He doesn’t use a shallow plate or the sink and will wash himself in his water bowl (bowl’s big enough for him to sit in)

I work on Saturdays and never had the chance to give him a spray when he willingly bathes. If I try to give him a spray on any other day he will be very angry about it. I thought it was just a coincidence until he was ill for a few weeks and didn’t bathe. When he went back to bathing he chose to do it on Saturdays again.

I have no idea how he can be so accurate with dates. Any similar gccs around?

That’s skinny him sun bathing after washing up

0573FBAE-AE82-492E-9714-4FD41252AD3F.jpeg

SumitaSinh

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
May be it's related to his biological clock?

Menagerie Mama

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heidi
My BellaBelle, 6.5 year old YSGCC, typically prefers to bathe on Sundays! She isn’t against the idea of joining me in the shower on other days, and occasionally bathes more frequently when softening pins, but I always found it cute that she chooses “Sunday best”.

I’ve offered shallow bowls, larger diameter stainless steel like her water bowl, glass pie plates, a few other things, but, “no dice”...BellaBelle only wants her freshly cleaned and refreshed water bowl for her bath! Unlike your GCC, BellaBelle likes an audience for her bath time performance (thank goodness, gives me a chance to put down a towel on the surrounding hardwood floor:yes4::mop:

Mintforest

Meeting neighbors
My BellaBelle, 6.5 year old YSGCC, typically prefers to bathe on Sundays! She isn’t against the idea of joining me in the shower on other days, and occasionally bathes more frequently when softening pins, but I always found it cute that she chooses “Sunday best”.

I’ve offered shallow bowls, larger diameter stainless steel like her water bowl, glass pie plates, a few other things, but, “no dice”...BellaBelle only wants her freshly cleaned and refreshed water bowl for her bath! Unlike your GCC, BellaBelle likes an audience for her bath time performance (thank goodness, gives me a chance to put down a towel on the surrounding hardwood floor:yes4::mop:
That’s so interesting! Glad Kiwi is not the only one! It’s great that BellaBelle lets you know in advance, Kiwi just goes right into it and my husband will only find out when he’s all dripping wey. luckily he’s usually on the balcony and I don’t have to worry about the flooring.

Mintforest

Meeting neighbors
May be it's related to his biological clock?
I just find it very intriguing if their biological clock works in a cycle of 7 days to coincide with our week. Unless it’s because the birds figured out our work cycle and trys to work in conjunction with us e.g. if my bird wants to bathe on Sat so that he can play with me on Sun (I think this might just be my wishful thinking hahah)