• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent GCC has scollops on wings -3 colours incliding red lines

SquarePlan

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Nora
Hello,
First off, thank you to anyone who takes the time to respond.
I have 3 Pineapple GCC babies I am handraising currently. I have raised over 100 babies over the years and have never came across this problem before.
The parents had 7 and the younger three where significantly smaller so I pulled them to reduce the pressure on the parents
As they have developed feathers I have notice thw tips of the fwathers have a dark green yellow and then red band through them.
I am worried of potential hazards like kidney problems etc. I have a appointment booked with an avian vet this comming week, but there was a bit of a wait before I couls get the appointment. Just wondering if anyone has experienced this and if it is health related or a rare opaline trait?
We are currently in a fire zone and the smoke is constant, alot of friends are having issues with their birds due to the smoke.

Attachments

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome to the forum. I am afraid I don't know. I hope others can answer and that your babies are okay.

@webchirp ? @Monica ?

Fuzzy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Roz
They look like stress bars to me? I may be wrong. So sorry you are in the fire zone. :(

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Oh those do look concerning. They aren’t too young to go on milk thistle dandelion. But without bloodwork, you won’t know for certain. Im so sorry you have fire and air problems with your birds.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
he younger three where significantly smaller
I believe this answers your question... their stunted growth probably caused the stress bars, as @Fuzzy mentioned them having. If you want to be sure, wait for them to molt before finding them homes. If the new feathers come in normal like their older siblings, then it was just that.

Of course, blood work and gram stains will be able to tell you if they're healthy! :)

@sunnysmom did not get your tag for some reason?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I believe this answers your question... their stunted growth probably caused the stress bars, as @Fuzzy mentioned them having. If you want to be sure, wait for them to molt before finding them homes. If the new feathers come in normal like their older siblings, then it was just that.

Of course, blood work and gram stains will be able to tell you if they're healthy! :)

@sunnysmom did not get your tag for some reason?

Hmmm. I wonder why. I'll try again and see if it works this time. @Monica ?

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
@sunnysmom It says you quoted my post but not that you tagged me... not the first time I haven't seen that I've been tagged... was wondering if maybe I didn't get the tag because the post was edited and my name put in or something else? Hmm.... I've seen other people tag me no problems?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
@Monica - hmmmm. It also says that you replied to the post now but not that you tagged me in it either......