• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

GCC’s 5 weeks

Fulmer

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lori
I have pulled my Green Cheek and Pineapple 5 week and 5 week 3 day old babies. At this age I’m trying to figure out what to offer do I offer a small bowl of water and a bowl of seed do I offer fruit I’m going to feed them formula 2 times a day but I need any advice and I could get I pulled them because my parents were making my little one aggressive

Attachments

Fulmer

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lori
I have pulled my Green Cheek and Pineapple 5 week and 5 week 3 day old babies. At this age I’m trying to figure out what to offer do I offer a small bowl of water and a bowl of seed do I offer fruit I’m going to feed them formula 2 times a day but I need any advice and I could get I pulled them because my parents were making my little one aggressive

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
Bump

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best

Lady

Meeting neighbors
I would offer formula 3 times per day at that age. My GCC came home around 7 weeks and he was on 3x per day plus fresh chop available during the day and seed mix overnight. Water available at all times. Feedings at 8am, noon, and 5pm. Bed time at 7pm.

The feedings should help them equate hands with food (good things), and abundance should help keep weight on and stress down as much as possible. At 8ish weeks my guy is now down to 2 formulas per day, but he's mostly interested in his chop. Some feedings he guzzles, and others he gets a taste and is done.

Make sure you weigh each one every morning before you feed to ensure they are gaining weight and not losing weight.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I don't know anything about raising babies :(

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Op found help on a separate thread I believe and has since rehomed one chick and is doing OK with the other :)