• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Funny Behavours

vdm

Moving in
Real Name
Daniel
I was wondering if some more experienced members can shed a light on what these funny Galah behaviors might mean. I got them on film.

Lying on back:

If you stick your elbow out, she comes close and starts doing a funny head bob type movement. It looks like a mating behavior? It's only triggered by an elbow. Can't find any examples of this anywhere.

Cheers,
D.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Some birds like to play on their backs. My Galah does not. The head bobbing could be hormonal/mating behavior, but I am not sure. I have a single male Galah who doesn't behave like that, but since you have a female behaviors could be different.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
She's a Very happy! Little munchkin. Perfectly normal :cutedeer: :heart2: :loveshower::gal2::loveshower::heart2:
That's what I thought, but since I have never been around a female, I wasn't positive.

Nancy B

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy

Lexusblond

Sprinting down the street
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nickie King
I have never seen that before. I'm concerned that she's rubbing her lower stomach. Could she be egg bound? Does she have any bulges you can see??
I think if she was egg bound she would be grumpy and sulking, she wouldn't be playing like that. She would be in pain and as far as I know, they don't cope well with it.There would be more drama !